- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
MCA sues FAZ president over landBy Tenson Mkhala on 16 Nov 2016
MILLENNIUM Challenge Account has sued Football Association of Zambia president Andrew Kamanga for breach of contract following his demand for the contractor to vacate his premises as he takes back possession of a piece of land on lot No 3130/M Chamba Valley in Lusaka, which MCA had bought from him in addition to fulfilling construction works.
In their statement of claim filed in the High Court principal registry, MCA stated that Mr Kamanga was paid up to K269,469.11 as purchase price for 4 900 square meters of land meant for the construction of a water reservoir and commercial borehole to service Kwamwena and surrounding areas with piped water under the Zambian government.
“The agreed purchase price for the land required to carry out the work on 5 041 square metres was a total of K305 000, an amount valued by professionals engaged by the defendant himself as the forced sale value of the property,” MCA stated.
“Inadvertently, the contract of sale reflected a smaller portion of 4900 square metres, resulting in the defendant refunding the plaintiff an amount of K8,530.89 for the deficit of 141 square meters as he was unwilling to sell the same to the plaintiff. This resulted in a total purchase price of K296,469.11 being paid.”
MCA accused Kamanga of refusing to hand over the property despite fully paying for it, and that he had failed to refund them the monies paid towards the same property.
MCA environment and social performance director Pelekelo Chipango swore in an affidavit that despite the fulfillment payment, the defendant had ordered for the eviction of the contractor from the said property.
In an application for an exparte summons for an order of interim injunction to restrain the defendant from evicting them, MCA stated that while it was in the contract of sale to surrender the property upon full payment, the Millennium Challenge Account together with the Ministry of Lands had offered him several alternative pieces of land as promised but he had rejected the offer.
“That prior to signing the contract of sale, the plaintiff and the defendant were unable to reach an agreement on sale and purchase of the land required for the project and following a meeting held with various government officials, the defendant’s land was in or around June of 2014, recommended for compulsory acquisition among other properties. That following the said recommendation, the defendant re-engaged the plaintiff over the sale of the required land but as he was still reluctant to sell, the Ministry of Lands, through the then commissioner of Lands, by letter dated 28th November 2014 offered to give the defendant an acre of alternative land in addition to the consideration to be paid by the plaintiff,” the statement read. It was explained in court that over time, the Ministry of Lands had offered Mr Kamanga several pieces of land in Lusaka and Chikankata area which he had rejected, hence his decision to withdraw from the project,” read the application in part.Related Items
- It has now become a trend for traffic officers to be beaten - Munir Zulu
- Lungu has taken Zambians for fools – Chipimo
- Zambian professor melts hearts for helping single mother baby sit in his class
- It's hard to believe Kambwili's accusations in the absence of evidence - Wynter
- Kampyongo got three cars for awarding fire tender contract to Grandview - Kambwili
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend