- by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
PF branded me a prostitute, Masebo tells courtBy Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2016
SYLVIA Masebo says Japhen Mwakalombe and his PF team told voters in Chongwe not to vote for her in the recent election because she is a prostitute who failed in her marriage.
And Masebo says the PF propaganda against her on the allocation of land in Chongwe heavily de- campaigned her.
Testifying in a matter where she petitioned the election of Mwakalombe as Chongwe member of parliament before Lusaka High Court judge Getrude Chawatama yesterday, Masebo said PF propaganda made her lose the seat.
Masebo told the court that Chongwe residents were very traditional hence the issue of marriage was very cardinal to them.
“They said I was a prostitute who failed in my marriage, with no children hence I was unable to take care of the people. In fact they called me Belinda,” Masebo said.
And Masebo also told the court that Mwakalombe and his team told voters that she acquired a huge piece of land for herself and that if elected she was going to displace squatters.
She added that people in Chongwe were in dire need of land and that because the PF promised to give out land if they voted for them, she was disadvantaged.
Masebo further explained that she was accused of instructing the Zambia National Service officers to shoot the Kampasa residents who had land wrangles.
She further told the court that Mwakalombe accused her of practicing witchcraft.
“The respondent told voters that in 2011 he had quit because each time he slept, he saw a snake which was me and her royal hyness senior chieftainess Nkomenshya,” said Masebo.
Earlier, judge Chawatama warned that she would not tolerate any interference with witnesses from both sides.
She said witnesses needed to feel free to testify in order for the court to have a fair hearing.
The court asked Masebo to testify first for easy flow of the matter.Related Items
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (1,446 view)
- Nondo's defection shocks NAREP (1,049 view)
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (913 views)
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini (878 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (788 views)
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
- High mealie meal prices are an indictment on Lungu – Nalumango
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend