- by Joseph Mwenda on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
PF branded me a prostitute, Masebo tells courtBy Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2016
SYLVIA Masebo says Japhen Mwakalombe and his PF team told voters in Chongwe not to vote for her in the recent election because she is a prostitute who failed in her marriage.
And Masebo says the PF propaganda against her on the allocation of land in Chongwe heavily de- campaigned her.
Testifying in a matter where she petitioned the election of Mwakalombe as Chongwe member of parliament before Lusaka High Court judge Getrude Chawatama yesterday, Masebo said PF propaganda made her lose the seat.
Masebo told the court that Chongwe residents were very traditional hence the issue of marriage was very cardinal to them.
“They said I was a prostitute who failed in my marriage, with no children hence I was unable to take care of the people. In fact they called me Belinda,” Masebo said.
And Masebo also told the court that Mwakalombe and his team told voters that she acquired a huge piece of land for herself and that if elected she was going to displace squatters.
She added that people in Chongwe were in dire need of land and that because the PF promised to give out land if they voted for them, she was disadvantaged.
Masebo further explained that she was accused of instructing the Zambia National Service officers to shoot the Kampasa residents who had land wrangles.
She further told the court that Mwakalombe accused her of practicing witchcraft.
“The respondent told voters that in 2011 he had quit because each time he slept, he saw a snake which was me and her royal hyness senior chieftainess Nkomenshya,” said Masebo.
Earlier, judge Chawatama warned that she would not tolerate any interference with witnesses from both sides.
She said witnesses needed to feel free to testify in order for the court to have a fair hearing.
The court asked Masebo to testify first for easy flow of the matter.Related Items
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend