- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Court finds Komboni radio boss with caseBy Elias Banda on 6 Mar 2017
THE Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has found Komboni Radio director Lesa Kasoma with a case to answer on a charge of assault on a police officer.
In his ruling today, magistrate Felix Kaoma said the prosecution proved its case beyond reasonable doubt.
In this matter, Kasoma is alleged to have assaulted a police officer Simon Chisanga who allegedly sustained teeth bites.
Magistrate Kaoma has since placed the accused on her defence.
Last week, Kasoma asked the court to acquit her on the premise that the state had failed to prove its case beyond reasonable doubt.
In her submissions, Kasoma through her lawyers, noted that there was no overwhelming evidence to support the allegations.
Last year, Vice-President Inonge Wina apologized to Kasoma for the beating she received from police whilst in the floor of the House.
Vice-President Wina said police overdid their work when six of them brutally beat up and stripped Kasoma after she informed them that the Independent Broadcasting Authority had lifted the suspension of the radio station’s operating licence.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend