- by Martha Chilosha on 26 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Enesi Kaoma on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Court finds Komboni radio boss with caseBy Elias Banda on 6 Mar 2017
THE Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has found Komboni Radio director Lesa Kasoma with a case to answer on a charge of assault on a police officer.
In his ruling today, magistrate Felix Kaoma said the prosecution proved its case beyond reasonable doubt.
In this matter, Kasoma is alleged to have assaulted a police officer Simon Chisanga who allegedly sustained teeth bites.
Magistrate Kaoma has since placed the accused on her defence.
Last week, Kasoma asked the court to acquit her on the premise that the state had failed to prove its case beyond reasonable doubt.
In her submissions, Kasoma through her lawyers, noted that there was no overwhelming evidence to support the allegations.
Last year, Vice-President Inonge Wina apologized to Kasoma for the beating she received from police whilst in the floor of the House.
Vice-President Wina said police overdid their work when six of them brutally beat up and stripped Kasoma after she informed them that the Independent Broadcasting Authority had lifted the suspension of the radio station’s operating licence.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend