by Natasha Sakala on 17 Sep 2019by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2019by Mwansa Mambwe in Solwezi on 17 Sep 2019
by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
UPND cadres deny being in possession of offensive weaponsBy Diggers Reporter on 26 Jun 2017
Four United Party for National Development (UPND) supporters have pleaded not guilty to a charge of being in possession of offensive weapons and materials.
Remmy Mukoba and three others denied the allegations before Lusaka Magistrate Sylvia Munyinya today.
They are accused of being in possession of one plastic bottle of glycerine,two plastic bottles of potassium Pamanganette,one bow and three arrows.
The accused took plea after the court received a consent to prosecute the accused from the Director of Public Prosecutions.
“Now therefore I Lillian Siyuni SC,Director of Public Prosecutions for the Republic of Zambia pursuant to the powers vested in me by section 85(3) of the Penal Code chapter 87 of the laws of Zambia do hereby authorise the prosecution Remmy Mukoba,Kelvin Mwansa Mupulisa,Fabian Mwanza Lubona and Martin Muchindu for the offence of being in possession of offensive weapons or materials,” read Siyuni’s consent.
And magistrate Munyinya has reserved ruling to July 12 ,2017 on whether or not Gershom Mwila, the criminal investigations officer from Kabwata police station should be cited for contempt of court after disobeying a court order to issue all the accused persons with medical reports within 48 hours.
An order to issue medical reports was issued on May 19, 2017 but it was not adhered to as the police officer kept on tossing the acussed from Kabwata police station to force headquarters for the medical reports.
Meanwhile state witnesses have failed to show up in a matter in which William Banda and nine others are charged with obstruction of police officers from arresting Hichilema.
The officers have also not complied with the court order of returning the property that was grabbed from the accused during the raid.
The matter comes up on July 27, 2017.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- 4 Zambian trucks hijacked in SA - 15 Sep 2019
- Robert Mugabe dies aged 95 - 6 Sep 2019
- FAZ calls off Zambia vs SA friendly - 3 Sep 2019
- Zambia has given us a good environment for business – Orca Deco - 3 Sep 2019
- Mwitwa gives Tutwa 24 hours to apologize - 17 Aug 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (6,738 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,938 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (2,616 views)
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters (2,221 views)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (2,186 views)
- De-gazettion of Forest 27 doesn’t affect Chalimbana River – Kapata
- Lungu must check his aides, they’ll injure him – KBF
- Zesco is suffering, it’s got no money – laments minister
- My penis doesn’t function, defilement accused tells court
- It’s illogical for companies that don’t pay dividends to bid for KCM – Mumba
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend