- by Mukosha Funga on 24 Jan 2018by Joseph Mwenda on 24 Jan 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 24 Jan 2018
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Jan 2018
- by Diggers Reporter on 24 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 24 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018
- Editor's Choice
- by Felix Kashweka on 13 Jan 2018by Diggers Admin on 11 Jan 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 6 Jan 2018by Felix Kashweka on 31 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 22 Jan 2018by Dr Charles Sinkala on 22 Jan 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Jan 2018by Nachilala Nkombo on 20 Jan 2018
NAPSA sues ZNFU over K5.5m debtBy Diggers Reporter on 10 Jan 2018
The Zambia National Farmers Union( ZNFU) has been dragged to court for failing to pay statutory monthly pension contributions to the National pension scheme authority (NAPSA) amounting to K5,546,896,48.
Particulars of the offence are that ZNFU, between October 19 and November 9, 2017, being a registered employer, without lawful excuse failed pay the sum of K1,414,522.34 employer/employee contributions.
The farmers’ body also failed to remit a 20 per cent cumulative penalty of K4,132,374.14 between January 2016 and September 2017 which it is required to pay to NAPSA in respect of its eligible employees after being issued with a warning letter dated October 19, 2017.
According to a NAPSA inspector Pumulo Chisamu, legal proceedings were preferred against ZNFU after visiting its premises and established the outstanding balance.
The offence committed is contrary to section 15(1) and (2) as read with 51(1)(a) and (d) and (2)of the National Pension Scheme Act no 40 of 1996 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Magistrates’ Court issued summons to the Director of the Union to appear in court yesterday.
ZNFU is yet to take plea as the matter has not yet been allocated.
About Diggers Reporter
- Serial adjournments in Lungu’s eligibility case irk ConCourt - 24 Jan 2018
- Cops plead not guilty to possession of fake notes - 24 Jan 2018
- DPP issues consent to prosecute fire tender protestors - 23 Jan 2018
- M’membe wants ConCourt to nullify Post liquidation - 23 Jan 2018
- Elephants coach sees Zambia, Namibia in CHAN final - 22 Jan 2018
- Lungu's theft not new; he started stealing as a lawyer - HH
- PF cadres attack Kambwili's supporters at Central Police
- Miyanda asks ConCourt to declare that Lungu breached Constitution by threatening judges
- Nawakwi wonders how Antonio will switch from calling PF thieves
- Serial adjournments in Lungu's eligibility case irk ConCourt
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «January 2018»
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend