by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2018by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2018by Abraham Kalito on 19 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2018by Abraham Kalito on 19 Oct 2018by Stuart Lisulo on 18 Oct 2018by Abraham Kalito on 18 Oct 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Chibamba Kanyama on 8 Oct 2018by WECREATE I ZAMBIA on 13 Sep 2018by Mukubesa Mundia on 27 Jul 2018by Percy Chanda, UPND on 15 Jun 2018
by Diggers Editor on 19 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 18 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 14 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 12 Oct 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 28 Sep 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 28 Sep 2018by Thomas Mulenga on 24 Sep 2018by Sampa Kabwela on 8 Sep 2018
- Guest Diggers
by Diggers Correspondent on 17 Oct 2018by Diggers Correspondent on 17 Oct 2018by CUTS on 9 Oct 2018by CUTS on 2 Oct 2018
I’m not behind move to remove Chief Justice – MoshoBy Mukosha Funga on 12 Jan 2018
Lusaka lawyer Lewis Mosho says he is not behind moves to oust Chief Justice Irene Mambilima, saying his law firm Lewis Nathan Advocates did not write the letter to Irene Mambilima.
Yesterday, News Diggers reported that Mosho’s associates had threatened to call for an inquiry to probe Justice Mambilima for misconduct after she allegedly asked judge Sunday Nkonde to recuse himself from handling the liquidation case of The Post newspaper.
But Mosho distanced himself today, saying it is shocking that people are dragging him into the matter when his lawfirm was not involved in the move.
He asked News Diggers to distinguish between Mosho and Mosha, the company that wrote that letter.
“If Mosha and Company write, it has got nothing to do with me. There is a clear distinction between Mosha and Company, which is a lawfirm which has got nothing to do with me. These are two different things. I don’t even know about that letter,” said Mosho.
“I just thought you could put that correctly. I didn’t write that letter. What I suspect is that the letter was written by Mosha and Company.”
This reporter reminded Mosho that he was an associated with Mosha and Company which represented ex-post employees who caused the liquidation of The Post, but the lawyer insisted that there was a difference between the two law firms.
Mosho has just been confirmed liquidator of The Post newspaper, a company that has since been declared insolvent by the court.
Sources close to Mosho have further told News Diggers that the lawyer has always wanted to have The Post newspaper closed.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha Funga is a Zambian journalist interested in good governance and anti corruption reporting.
- Speaker must restore decency in the House – Lifuka - 19 Oct 2018
- My strength is in the mouth, not punches, admits Kambwili - 18 Oct 2018
- Arrested UNZA lecturer out on bond after three days in detention for “insulting Lungu” - 18 Oct 2018
- Govt reinstates 4 of 8 suspended from Community Development - 18 Oct 2018
- UNZALARU narrates police interrogations - 17 Oct 2018
- Police give Tayali 'painful protection' after beating by UPND cadres at court
- Auditor General's report details how Social Cash Transfer money was squandered
- Attendance roll call at Day of Prayer annoys civil servants
- Zambians react to scandals when its too late to reverse
- Arrested UNZA lecturer out on bond after three days in detention for "insulting Lungu"
- News Diggers! ePaper Edition 289 Friday October 19, 2018
- Zambia has no leadership that can stop theft of govt funds – Mulongoti
- Auditor General’s report details how Social Cash Transfer money was squandered
- Africa will have 1.3 billion more people by 2050, due to high fertility – UNFPA Report
- Bodybuilding not for thugs – Mr Zambia
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend