- by Mukosha Funga on 25 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 25 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 25 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Alliance Media sues Zamtel over K970,108 advertising debtBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Aug 2019
Alliance Media Zambia has sued Zamtel Limited in the Lusaka High Court, demanding payment of over K970,000 owed to it for advertising services.
In a statement of claim filed in the Lusaka High Court principal registry, August 7, Alliance Media stated that Zamtel was a telecommunications company which was utilizing its advertising services.
It explained that by an advertising contract dated April 26, 2018, Zamtel engaged it to provide advertising services for K116,881.92 per month, inclusive of Value Added Tax and an additional flighting price of K46,748.
Alliance Media further stated that it completed the adverting works as per agreed terms and conditions of both contracts.
It stated that to-date, Zamtel had not made any payments for the advertising or flighting works rendered under the contract despite Alliance Media requesting Zamtel on various occasions to have the outstanding payments inclusive of interest settled.
Alliance Media stated that by letters dated July 16, 2019, and July 24, 2019, it, through its advocates Messrs Isaac and Partners, made a demand to Zamtel for the payment of the whole outstanding balance of K970,108.00 being payment for the said advertising works it had carried out.
It added that Zamtel had willfully neglected and refused to pay it the said sum, in breach of the agreement and despite numerous and several reminders.
Alliance Media lamented that it had suffered loss, damages and inconvenience as a result.
“Alliance Media has suffered and continues to suffer loss of use of funds and loss to the business opportunities due to non-payment of the outstanding balance for the advertising works performed under the contract amounting to K970,108. By reason of the matters aforesaid, Alliance Media has suffered a grave loss, damages and inconvenience,” read the statement of claim.
Alliance Media is now claiming K970,108, being payment for the advertising services owed to it by Zamtel, damages for breach of contract and damages for loss of use of funds.
It is further seeking damages for the loss of chance and opportunity, interest, costs and any other relief.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt - 25 Aug 2019
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit - 24 Aug 2019
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president - 24 Aug 2019
- ConCourt has jurisdiction to hear my petition, submits Lundazi Central losing candidate - 23 Aug 2019
- Pathologist testifies in ritual killing case - 23 Aug 2019
- Don’t worry Musa, Saasa; the corrupt defend each other (1,908 view)
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt (1,306 view)
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini (1,019 view)
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (934 views)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10 (797 views)
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk
- Don’t worry Musa, Saasa; the corrupt defend each other
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend