- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Itezhi-Tezhi MP, businessman enter consent judgment in “Range Rover” caseBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Sep 2019
Itezh-Tezhi UPND member of parliament Herbert Shabula and a businessman have entered a consent judgment in a matter in which the lawmaker was sued for allegedly failing to pay K180,000 for a Range Rover Vogue he had purchased.
In this matter, Mike Likando Matakala had sued Shabula in the Lusaka High Court, seeking an order that the lawmaker pays the sum of K180,000, interest, costs and any other relief.
Shabula, who is acting on his own behalf, and Matakala through his lawyers, have proposed that the member of parliament pays Matakala the sum of K180,000 and K20,000 as costs.
According to the consent judgment, the sum and costs (K200,000) should be paid in two monthly installments with the first payment of K100,000 to be made on the last day of this month end (September 2019) while the remaining payment would be done on the last day of October, 2019.
It further stated that Shabula would be at liberty to settle the entire judgment sum or any balance before the scheduled date.
“In default of payment on the last day of the scheduled months, the defendant shall be allowed a further five working days to make payments,” read the consent judgment in part.
It further stated that if Shabula fails to honor the agreement, Matakala would be at liberty to enforce judgment by way of a writ of fierie facias without leave of the court and to be entitled to costs associated with the action.
Matakala had stated that on June 7, 2018, he sold his motor vehicle, a black Range Rover Vogue bearing the registration number BAA 3340, to Shabula at K180,000 to be paid on July 30, 2018.
He claimed that Shabula had failed or neglected to settle the amount involved as agreed despite repeated efforts to get him to do so.
But in his defence, Shabula denied the allegations and stated that he would aver at trial that he had offered to pay the amount of money involved in instalments but Matakala had declined the offer.
“Save as herein before expressly admitted, the defendant deny each and every of the claims advanced in the statement of claim as if the same were herein set out seriatim and specifically traversed,” stated Shabula.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Pilato asks Lungu to relax sanctions against Prime TV - 31 Mar 2020
- Lubinda breaks down as he recalls being slapped by PF cadre - 31 Mar 2020
- ZCCM-IH to appeal High Court’s decision to dismiss fraud case against FQM, 6 others - 31 Mar 2020
- Provide protective clothing to all health workers fighting COVID-19, MQHZ urges govt - 31 Mar 2020
- We need lockdown asap – Magande - 30 Mar 2020
- Zambia's COVID-19 cases jump to 35 (27,920 views)
- Govt identifies Chaisa, Jack Compound, Ibex Hill as COVID-19 hot zones (26,231 views)
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish! (14,427 views)
- High Court keeps Spax in jail (10,213 views)
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29 (7,344 views)
- COVID-19 leaves PF general conference in limbo
- Correctional Services mulls release of inmates due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Swabs have become a rare commodity, laments public national health institute
- Katuka denies ordering youth punch-up at UPND secretariat
- MISA asks ECZ to expedite dismantling of 2016 debt owed to media houses
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «March 2020»
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
Send this to a friend