- by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Siwale Sues FAZBy Abraham Kalito on 8 Feb 2019
Former FAZ executive member Blackwell Siwale has sued the FA demanding compensatory and exemplary damages whilst further demanding that his ban be declared null and void.
Siwale also applied for an injunction restraining Kashala and FAZ from enforcing the ban and interfering with his enjoyment and participating in football related activities.
“You are commanded in the presidents name that within 21 days after the service of this writ on You, inclusive of the day old such service, you do cause an appearance to be enter on you in an action at the suit of Blackwell Siwale; and take note that in default of your so doing the plaintiff may proceed therein and judgement Mayne given in your absence. Witness the Honourable Irene Mambilima, the Chief Justice of Zambia,” read the summon.
“The plaintiff claims for; compensatory damages, Exemplary damages, declaration that the defendant’s decision to ban the plaintiff from any stadia FAZ affiliate is null and void. An order of injunction restraining the defendant whether by itself, agents or servants, from circulating or publishing the said letter containing the words stated in paragraph four herein, from enforcing the said decision of banning the plaintiff and interfering with the plaintiff enjoyment of participating in football activities and entering in any stadia affiliate of FAZ. Any other relief that the court may seem fit and costs.”
FAZ banned Siwale from football related activities for his alleged involvement in circulating confidential documents.
According to FAZ communications manager, Desmond Katongo, Siwale was found guilty of uttering statements with potential to scare away FAZ partners, April last year.
“The Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) has with immediate effect banned former expelled FAZ Executive Committee member, Mr Blackwell Siwale from all football related activities,” said FAZ in a statement. Following a meeting held by the FAZ Ethics Committee, on Friday April 6, 2018, Chaired by Mr Kephas Katongo, Mr Siwale was found guilty of obtaining and circulating illegally obtained FAZ documents,” Katongo said.
“He has further been found guilty of uttering statements with potential to scare away FAZ partners and potential partners.
About Abraham Kalito
Abraham Kalito is interested in writing business, political, and human interest stories.
- U20 Women saga: Girls could not travel as FAZ didn’t confirm participation-NOC reveals - 23 Aug 2019
- FAZ to name Chipolopolo coach next week - 23 Aug 2019
- We don’t know who will coach Zambia against Eswatini – Mweemba - 8 Aug 2019
- Zambia senior women, U-20 national teams soar - 8 Aug 2019
- Tenant appointed Buildcon coach - 5 Aug 2019
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,034 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,135 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (1,856 view)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,420 view)
- Forget the Damn headline, did you get the message? (1,072 view)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10
- SA High Court rejects ZCCM’s arbitration appeal with costs
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye
- TIZ asks Lungu to cancel Forest 27 plots, says ACC must investigate minister for abuse
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend