by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Siwale Sues FAZBy Abraham Kalito on 8 Feb 2019
Former FAZ executive member Blackwell Siwale has sued the FA demanding compensatory and exemplary damages whilst further demanding that his ban be declared null and void.
Siwale also applied for an injunction restraining Kashala and FAZ from enforcing the ban and interfering with his enjoyment and participating in football related activities.
“You are commanded in the presidents name that within 21 days after the service of this writ on You, inclusive of the day old such service, you do cause an appearance to be enter on you in an action at the suit of Blackwell Siwale; and take note that in default of your so doing the plaintiff may proceed therein and judgement Mayne given in your absence. Witness the Honourable Irene Mambilima, the Chief Justice of Zambia,” read the summon.
“The plaintiff claims for; compensatory damages, Exemplary damages, declaration that the defendant’s decision to ban the plaintiff from any stadia FAZ affiliate is null and void. An order of injunction restraining the defendant whether by itself, agents or servants, from circulating or publishing the said letter containing the words stated in paragraph four herein, from enforcing the said decision of banning the plaintiff and interfering with the plaintiff enjoyment of participating in football activities and entering in any stadia affiliate of FAZ. Any other relief that the court may seem fit and costs.”
FAZ banned Siwale from football related activities for his alleged involvement in circulating confidential documents.
According to FAZ communications manager, Desmond Katongo, Siwale was found guilty of uttering statements with potential to scare away FAZ partners, April last year.
“The Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) has with immediate effect banned former expelled FAZ Executive Committee member, Mr Blackwell Siwale from all football related activities,” said FAZ in a statement. Following a meeting held by the FAZ Ethics Committee, on Friday April 6, 2018, Chaired by Mr Kephas Katongo, Mr Siwale was found guilty of obtaining and circulating illegally obtained FAZ documents,” Katongo said.
“He has further been found guilty of uttering statements with potential to scare away FAZ partners and potential partners.
About Abraham Kalito
Abraham Kalito is interested in writing business, political, and human interest stories.
- Chipolopolo lose concentration in dying minutes – Adrian Chama - 15 Oct 2019
- Zambia U17 humiliates SA - 15 Oct 2019
- Shepolopolo to face Kenya after defeating Botswana in Olympic qualifier - 8 Oct 2019
- Chiyangi omits U23 players in international friendlies - 7 Oct 2019
- WADA praises PSL for believing in black coaches - 4 Oct 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,844 views)
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,401 views)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,813 view)
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption - Kambwili (1,808 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,613 view)
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend