- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Power Dynamos signs 2 Congolese playersBy Abraham Kalito on 13 Jan 2020
Copperbelt based super league side Power Dynamos have so far been the most active in the transfer market, signing five players since the window opened on January 1.
Dynamos’ latest acquisitions include two Congolese players, a former Wigan Athletic defensive midfielder Patrick Ilongo Saddam Ngasanya and right back Tony Kazembe.
According to a press statement issued by the club, the duo have signed two-year contracts.
“Power Dynamos Football Club has secured the services of two Congolese internationals, Patrick Ilongo Ngasanya and Tony Kazembe to boost the squad in both defence and attack,” the club stated.
Ngasanya has had stints with a number of European clubs, including Hapoel Tel Aviv, Lokomotiv Moscow, FK Mladá Boleslav and Spartak Nalchik.
The player has so far been capped 26 times for the DR Congo national team and has scored on two occasions for his country, including one in a World Cup qualifier against Uganda in 2005.
Meanwhile, Kazembe is under the flanks of the U-23 Congolese side.
The man, who is so far promising, previously played for Don Bosco in his home country.
Power Dynamos has had plans to acquire players during the January transfer window as confirmed by former coach Gaston Mutobo in an interview late last year.
The former coach had revealed that Dynamos’ ambition followed a poor start to the 2019/2020 season that had seen the once upon a time super league giant go more than seven games without a win, dropping close to the relegation zone.
However, the introduction of coaches Perry Mutapa and his assistant Masautso Tembo seem to bear fruit as the club has now gone on a six-match winning streak.
Power Dynamos are currently sixth on the super league log.
About Abraham Kalito
Abraham Kalito is interested in writing business, political, and human interest stories.
- Motema Pembe ‘Imana’ touch down for Zanaco CAF clash - 22 Jan 2020
- Kamanga confirms FAZ has chosen next Chipolopolo gaffer - 14 Jan 2020
- Otieno leaves Red Arrows for Zanaco FC - 13 Jan 2020
- Power Dynamos signs 2 Congolese players - 13 Jan 2020
- Zanaco ease past ESAE to record first CAF Confed Cup win - 12 Jan 2020
- Suspected ritual killers turn into cats when we try to arrest them - Katanga (3,613 views)
- It’d be dangerous to give PF another 5 years under Lungu – Kambwili (2,445 views)
- Kaputo gets death sentence for killing Precious (2,433 views)
- Lusaka teacher gets 1 year for corruption (2,282 views)
- Chingola riots a sign of people's anger against govt lies (2,137 views)
- Lungu’s chances of winning 2021 are nil – Sangwa
- Copper prices maintain downward trend amid fast-spreading Corona outbreak
- Lungu hails revamped $35m Zamanita plant
- Sumaili washes hands on Seer 1: I can’t confirm if anyone got his power
- Court sets March 5 for hearing application in Kabulonga teachers, retirees’ eviction case
- Sinda residents stole from me instead of helping after my accident, laments Mkaika MP
- Porn addicts fail to function in marriages, says Sumaili
- Challenge me, but if you rock the boat, we’ll throw you out - Lungu
- Chingola riots a sign of people's anger against govt lies
- Those who see our mistakes must advise us - UPND
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
Send this to a friend