- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
London fashion retailer thanks WinaBy Mirriam Chabala on 25 Jan 2017
A LONDON retailer, Wish Fashion has thanked Vice-President Inonge Wina for shopping at their store. And Vice-President Wina says load shedding will come to an end next year.
In a hearty post on their Facebook page, Wish Fashion stated that they were proud that she went to their shop.
“Proud to have Zambia’s Vice-President, Inonge Wina, Inonge Mutukwa Wina visiting and shopping from our shop today in London. Thank you so much!! #Zambia #Zambiapeople #loveZambia #shopping #loveshopping #InongeMutukwaWina #wish #wishcometrue #womensuits #churchsuits #inongewina,” wrote Wish Fashion on Saturday, January 21, 2017.
And at dinner hosted in her honour by Zambia’s High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, Muyeba Chikonde at his residence the same day, Vice-President Wina assured Zambians that the US$4 billion Batoka Hydro-Electric Scheme at Batoka Gorge would bring to an end load shedding in Zambia.
“Currently, we are still load shedding but not as much as we used to. Load shedding is coming to an end next year with the coming on board of the Batoka Hydro-Electric Scheme (HES) at Batoka Gorge. Next year load shedding in Zambia will be a thing of the past because the Batoka project, will produce 2, 400 Megawatts (MW) of electricity,” said Vice-President Wina.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- 2018 budget will be stressed if Zambia fails to clinch IMF deal – Mutati - 23 Nov 2017
- Attorney General must step down for gross misconduct – Antonio - 23 Nov 2017
- Kambwili questions ConCourt’s failure to cite Mwila for contempt - 22 Nov 2017
- It’s childish for Kambwili to continue telling lies about Lungu – Chanda - 22 Nov 2017
- Chitimukulu calls for partnership between chiefs and private sector - 22 Nov 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend