- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
ZEMA joins pursuit for M’membeBy Mukosha Funga on 23 Feb 2017
ZAMBIA Environmental Management Agency officers have inspected Post founder Dr Fred M’membe’s residence after obtaining a Warrant of Access from the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court.
According to the Warrant of Access, Christopher Kanema made an oath that ZEMA had reasonable ground to believe that an offence had been committed at Dr M’membe’s residence.
The order stated that the crime which the agency believed was committed related to printing.
This afternoon, three ZEMA inspectors and two plain cloth police officers stormed Dr M’membe’s residence to proceed with inspections.
However, the team led by Kanema tried covered their faces to avoid being photographed.
Kanema was heard asking Mutinta M’membe’s lawyer Sashi Kateka not to allow the media to air or write about their inspection but Kateka dismissed the request.
The inspection was conducted under five minutes and attempts to interrogate Mutinta failed.
Below is the actual Warrant of Access:
Last week, a horde of heavily armed police raided Dr M’membe’s house after the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court ordered the Zambia Police Service to arrest him for allegedly impersonating a Post official.
Police instead arrested Mutinta after accusing her of tearing a search warrant.
The police, who have since been camped at the M’membes’ residence, under Post provisional liquidator Lewis Mosho’s instruction, they towed Dr M’membe’s speed boat and attempted to dismantle a printing press which The Mast had been using to print its publications from his garage.
However, after failing to successfully dismantle the printing press, they only took away small components; rendering the machine useless.Related ItemsHeadlines
You may also like...
- It has now become a trend for traffic officers to be beaten - Munir Zulu
- Lungu has taken Zambians for fools – Chipimo
- Zambian professor melts hearts for helping single mother baby sit in his class
- It's hard to believe Kambwili's accusations in the absence of evidence - Wynter
- Kampyongo got three cars for awarding fire tender contract to Grandview - Kambwili
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend