- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
ZEMA joins pursuit for M’membeBy Mukosha Funga on 23 Feb 2017
ZAMBIA Environmental Management Agency officers have inspected Post founder Dr Fred M’membe’s residence after obtaining a Warrant of Access from the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court.
According to the Warrant of Access, Christopher Kanema made an oath that ZEMA had reasonable ground to believe that an offence had been committed at Dr M’membe’s residence.
The order stated that the crime which the agency believed was committed related to printing.
This afternoon, three ZEMA inspectors and two plain cloth police officers stormed Dr M’membe’s residence to proceed with inspections.
However, the team led by Kanema tried covered their faces to avoid being photographed.
Kanema was heard asking Mutinta M’membe’s lawyer Sashi Kateka not to allow the media to air or write about their inspection but Kateka dismissed the request.
The inspection was conducted under five minutes and attempts to interrogate Mutinta failed.
Below is the actual Warrant of Access:
Last week, a horde of heavily armed police raided Dr M’membe’s house after the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court ordered the Zambia Police Service to arrest him for allegedly impersonating a Post official.
Police instead arrested Mutinta after accusing her of tearing a search warrant.
The police, who have since been camped at the M’membes’ residence, under Post provisional liquidator Lewis Mosho’s instruction, they towed Dr M’membe’s speed boat and attempted to dismantle a printing press which The Mast had been using to print its publications from his garage.
However, after failing to successfully dismantle the printing press, they only took away small components; rendering the machine useless.Related ItemsHeadlines
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend