- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2017by Osward Sichone in Kafue on 20 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 17 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 1 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Scott wants explanations on maizegate scandalBy Tenson Mkhala on 3 Mar 2017
Former vice-president Dr Guy Scott says a lot of explanations need to be made concerning the maizegate scandal.
Speaking to journalists at the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court this morning, Dr Scott said he did not believe some of the paperwork which had been presented.
“There is kafwafwa (kerfuffle) in this country. But we are watching,” said Dr Scott, who appeared as a witness in a case in which former Chongwe member of parliament Sylvia Masebo is charged with abuse of authority relating to the cancellation of wildlife hunting concessions whilst serving as tourism minister.
“There is a lot of paperwork but for me I don’t believe in that. A lot of explanations need to be made concerning the maize deal.”
On Wednesday, opposition members of parliament grilled Minister in the Vice-President’s office Sylvia Chalikosa over the maizegate scandal but she instead that government did not err in the transaction.
“Government’s role was just to issue the permit…so when you keep insisting that there were officers involved, that has not come to the attention of any investigative wings so if anyone has issues with any officer, they should relay that information to home affairs who will ably deal with the matter,” said Chalikosa, who was representing Vice-President Inonge Wina,Related ItemsHeadlines
You may also like...
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend