- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Security in Lusaka is not stable – PoliceBy Mukosha Funga on 26 Mar 2017
Lusaka Province Police Commissioner Nelson Phiri has denied the UPND permission to hold a rally and a peaceful demonstration saying the security situation in the city is unstable.
And PF Lusaka Youth Chairman Kennedy Kamba says his party will not allow the UPND to go ahead with their rally whether or not they have a permit because they don’t recognize President Edgar Lungu as duly elected.
In his response to the UPND’s notification of intention to hold a rally in Kanyama, Phiri advised the party not to go ahead with their intentions.
“I acknowledge receipt of your notices of intentions to hold a rally on 2nd April, 2017 and to conduct a demonstration on 5th April, 2017. Due to the unstable security situation in the city, we advise you not to go ahead with your intentions,” Phiri said.
He advised the UPND to appeal to the Ministry of Home Affairs if they were dissatisfied with his response.
“You may appeal to the Minister as provided for in the law, if you are not satisfied with our advice,” said Phiri.
And Muvi TV yesterday ran a clip in which Kamba, who was addressing some PF youths, vowed that his party would not allow the UPND to go ahead with their rally because they did not recognize President Lungu.
“They have gone ahead to apply for a rally in Kanyama. Can we allow that? They are failing to recognize the President. As the party, in Lusaka Province where I am in charge of the youths, we are not going to allow the UPND to have the rally. So as the party, we are expecting the police not to give them a permit because when they give the UPND a permit to have a rally in Kanyama, then they are saying that the UPND are correct by saying that Edgar Lungu is not the President,” said Kamba.
“Whether they are a permit or they have a permit or they don’t have a permit, as long as they don’t recognize the President Edgar Lungu as the duly elected president of the Republic of Zambia, we are not going to allow them.”
On Friday, the UPND notified police that Hakainde Hichilema and Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba would hold a rally at Kanyama’s Twashuka Grounds on April 2.Related ItemsHeadlines
- It’s inhuman for Chanda to undermine HH’s donation of soap, sanitisers – UPND (3,237 views)
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects? (2,721 views)
- UPND blames Nangula loss on COVID-19 (2,314 views)
- Kampyongo's mockery of people on ARVs unacceptable - NAC (2,158 views)
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya (1,718 view)
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us?
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects?
- We’re already on lockdown – Lungu
- Introduce SI to stop landlords from collecting rentals, Changala urges govt
- Why whip patrons if there's no lockdown?
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «April 2020»
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- It’s illegal for police to whip citizens – Mweetwa
- UNZA owes ZRA, others K2.8bn, as audit reveals mismanagement of funds
- PF’s Nangula victory a 2021 sample – Mundubile
- Tutwa refutes UPND’s Bill 10 bribery claims
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya
- Govt, FRA’s deal with millers failed to cut mealie meal prices – IAPRI
- Habitat urges govt to improve living conditions in unplanned settlements
- SACCORD hails PF, UPND for peaceful Nangula poll
- ZRA’s tax audit on media houses within its mandate but wrongly timed – MISA
- Kamusoko, Mangani on path to recovery
- Govt must carry out robust awareness campaign against COVID-19 – CSPR
- Siwale welcomes FIFA’s intervention in FAZ wrangles
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
[search_popup]Send this to a friend