by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Apr 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Apr 2019by Thomas Mulenga on 19 Apr 2019by Daniel Chansa on 19 Apr 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 27 Mar 2019by Abraham Kalito on 26 Mar 2019by Abraham Kalito on 26 Mar 2019by Abraham Kalito on 26 Mar 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 19 Apr 2019by Stuart Lisulo in Lumwana on 19 Apr 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Apr 2019by Stuart Lisulo in Lumwana on 18 Apr 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Apr 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Apr 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Apr 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Apr 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 19 Apr 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Apr 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Apr 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Apr 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 2 Apr 2019by Thomas Mulenga on 29 Mar 2019by McQueen Zaza on 26 Mar 2019by Zindikilani Banda in Sinda on 20 Mar 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Dr Munyonzwe Hamalengwa on 18 Apr 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 14 Apr 2019by Dr Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 28 Mar 2019by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 25 Mar 2019
Typhoid claims one life in MpikaBy Diggers Reporter on 9 May 2017
An 11-year-old girl has died from Typhoid in Shangai; a section in Mpika’s Tazara compound, where the waterborne disease has broken out.
Mpika district commissioner Moses Katebe confirmed that the child, who had been admitted at Chilonga Mission Hospital died on Sunday.
“I have been informed by a doctor at Chilonga Mission hospital that an eleven year old child of Shangai who was undergoing typhoid treatment at the mission hospital died on Sunday,” Katebe revealed.
Katebe attributed the disease outbreak to water shortages in the area following the breakdown down of a water pump at Malashi water source which forced residents to fetch water from contaminated shallow wells and streams.
Katebe advised residents to boil or chlorinate water before drinking.
The district commissioner further advised residents in the affected areas to avoid hand shake and hugging as the disease could be transmitted through contact.
Katebe told residents that Chambeshi Water and Sewerage Company had acquired a new water pump which would alleviate their challenges.
Residents in the area have been going without water supply from Chambeshi since February 2016.
Meanwhile, Katebe said the district administration was concerned with the sudden influx of visitors to the districts who were staying at various guest houses and lodges for long time conducting unknown activities.
He explained that since the district is a gateway to East African and Great Lakes regions, his administration has instructed hotel owners in the area to tighten up security by ensuring that all vehicles entering their premises were properly recorded for easy identification and tracing.
About Diggers Reporter
- SA’s international relations minister to meet SADC ambassadors over xenophobic attacks - 1 Apr 2019
- Mushimba graduates with PhD in Engineering - 4 Mar 2019
- Sesheke cops were fired for putting Lungu’s life in danger – Tourism Minister - 25 Feb 2019
- Brian Chilala dies in accident - 11 Feb 2019
- DEC nabs 3 more Ministry of General Education officials for theft - 1 Feb 2019
- Give me respect when you're on my soil, Nkomeshya tells Prof Luo
- PF clamps down on social media usage as youths demand Mwila removal
- GBM is detached from UPND, says Mucheleka, as Mwamba fights on
- Kambwili names PF cadres who threatened him, gives police their contacts
- Kambwili unveils shadow cabinet, drops Musenge
- Katanga explains Kambwili’s police summon; “he caused malicious damage to motor vehicle”
- Ex-Barclays banker gets 6 six for stealing over K100, 000
- UPND asks High Court to halt Dialogue Forum
- Don’t consider insults from idiots as defamation, Lungu tells Kampyongo
- Leaders taking advantage of citizens’ silence on misrule – Maiko
Subscribe for email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend