- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 12 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
FDD denounces calls to withdraw donor aidBy Mukosha Funga on 12 Jun 2017
In this audio, FDD spokesperson Antonio Mwanza says calls to withdraw donor aid because of UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema are irresponsible and misplaced.
Last week, HH’s alliance partners appealed to the World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) not to fund “illegalities and people who will use their resources recklessly”.
Nevers Mumba, Mike Mulongoti and Charles Milupi of MMD, People’s Party and Alliance for Democracy and Development respectively, were speaking at a joint press briefing HH was transferred from Lusaka Central Prison to Mukobeko Maximum Security Prison in Kabwe.
“We also appeal to the IMF and the World Bank in their effort to help us as they come to this country in July or whenever, we asking them not only to listen to the government. Come and talk to us as opposition leaders and listen to us on the issues of governance so that they can feel the pain and anguish of the Zambian people. Don’t fund illegalities and people that are going to use that money on their personal trips outside this country and we have never a President who travels as much as this President,” said Mumba.
But Mwanza said their demands were misplaced because the poor who would suffer the most if aid was withdrawn.
“The withdrawal of donor aid will not affect President Edgar Lungu or his cohorts, it will affect the very poor people Mr Mulongoti, Mr Mumba and Mr Milupi are claiming to represent. The matter of HH is before our courts of law and my earnest appeal is that let us allow the due process of the law to take its course. It will not help our people to be agitating for the withdrawal of foreign aid to Zambia, in fact it is irresponsible, outrageous and immoral for any leader to be pushing for that because only the poor and not Edgar Lungu shall suffer the consequences. Mr Mumba, Mr Mulongoti and Mr Milupi are well off and they won’t feel anything even if donors withdraw their support to Zambia,” said Mwanza.
Take a listen:
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- DPP abusing nolles – HH - 17 Oct 2017
- UNZA gives “Ruins” to female students in a bid to stop riots - 16 Oct 2017
- IMF presses Zambia redefine its borrowing plans - 16 Oct 2017
- Chama reiterates govt’s support for aviation industry - 16 Oct 2017
- Amnesty International SG to discuss human rights challenges with Lungu, others - 16 Oct 2017
You may also like...
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend