- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
FDD denounces calls to withdraw donor aidBy Mukosha Funga on 12 Jun 2017
In this audio, FDD spokesperson Antonio Mwanza says calls to withdraw donor aid because of UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema are irresponsible and misplaced.
Last week, HH’s alliance partners appealed to the World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) not to fund “illegalities and people who will use their resources recklessly”.
Nevers Mumba, Mike Mulongoti and Charles Milupi of MMD, People’s Party and Alliance for Democracy and Development respectively, were speaking at a joint press briefing HH was transferred from Lusaka Central Prison to Mukobeko Maximum Security Prison in Kabwe.
“We also appeal to the IMF and the World Bank in their effort to help us as they come to this country in July or whenever, we asking them not only to listen to the government. Come and talk to us as opposition leaders and listen to us on the issues of governance so that they can feel the pain and anguish of the Zambian people. Don’t fund illegalities and people that are going to use that money on their personal trips outside this country and we have never a President who travels as much as this President,” said Mumba.
But Mwanza said their demands were misplaced because the poor who would suffer the most if aid was withdrawn.
“The withdrawal of donor aid will not affect President Edgar Lungu or his cohorts, it will affect the very poor people Mr Mulongoti, Mr Mumba and Mr Milupi are claiming to represent. The matter of HH is before our courts of law and my earnest appeal is that let us allow the due process of the law to take its course. It will not help our people to be agitating for the withdrawal of foreign aid to Zambia, in fact it is irresponsible, outrageous and immoral for any leader to be pushing for that because only the poor and not Edgar Lungu shall suffer the consequences. Mr Mumba, Mr Mulongoti and Mr Milupi are well off and they won’t feel anything even if donors withdraw their support to Zambia,” said Mwanza.
Take a listen:
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Court throws out K5bn suit against Mutinta Hichilema - 16 Dec 2017
- NDC attackers are PF sympathisers, but not our members – Kamba - 16 Dec 2017
- Miles rejoins PF, endorses Lungu for 2021 - 14 Dec 2017
- Solicitor General challenges subpoena against Silungwe - 13 Dec 2017
- Let ZAWA complain about my rat song, not PF – Pilato - 13 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend