- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Wynter questions Esther’s admiration for Ugandan politicsBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Jun 2017
In this audio, Rainbow Party General Secretary Wynter Kabimba says first Lady Esther Lungu should not compare the politics of Uganda to Zambia because there has never been a good rapport between that country’s ruling and opposition political parties.
Reacting to Esther’s remarks that she admired the good rapport between Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni and opposition parliamentarians, Kabimba challenged the First Lady to explain which part of Uganda she had gone to.
“I don’t know which part of Uganda she went to because she should tell us whether or not Mr Kizza Besigye, the main opposition leader in Uganda is being accorded that freedom to interact with President Yoweri Museveni who was his best friend when they were fighting Idi Amin? She must tell us whether or not the people that have opposed Yowiri Museveni are today in parliament in his party. So I don’t know which part of Uganda she went to, I don’t know whether she saw how Besigye was being beaten up by the police and ended up in hospital following the last elections between Yoweri Museveni and the opposition leader Besigye. So am sure she is talking to Zambians who do not know what is going on in Uganda,” Kabimba said.
Kabimba said Michael Sata had already set a good example of how to work with the opposition.
“It is possible to have a good rapport between the opposition parliamentarians and the President, I mean Michael Sata showed us that we can have a good rapport between the opposition and the ruling party. We saw that example under Michael Sata, so we don’t have to borrow from Uganda, we can borrow from Michael’s era,” Kabimba said.
Asked about his views on what was sustaining the tension between the PF and UPND, Kabimba said it was an internal matter which he could not comment on.
“The current tension between PF and UPND is an internal matter between them. Us we don’t have a problem with UPND, neither do we have a problem with PF. The PF we have criticized them where they have gone wrong, we have told where their policies are not working. So we are playing our role as an opposition political party which you have followed our track record. We have not personalized issues, we have dealt with issues in an objective manner. Zambians are poor because the economic system that we have in Zambia is a wrong economic system. Even if you removed Lungu and put somebody else there, for as long as the economic system is capitalist, it would be the same. We changed from MMD to PF! It has not changed the lives of Zambians,” Kabimba explained.
Kabimba said Zambia had failed to uplift the lives of people because the economic system was poorly designed.
“So as far as we are concerned, the problem goes beyond the individual called the President, it goes to the roots of the economic system that every administration has tried to pursue in order to uplift our people from poverty, and it has failed because the system was not designed in that way,” said Kabimba.
Take a listen:
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- New US Envoy pledges support towards electoral reforms - 15 Dec 2017
- I respect Lungu but I will insult him if he wants me to – Musenge - 14 Dec 2017
- PF cadres attack NDC officials at 5fm - 14 Dec 2017
- ZAM disapproves Pilato’s Koswe Mumpoto song - 13 Dec 2017
- COBUSU members have been suspended for causing riots – Luo - 13 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend