- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2017by Osward Sichone in Kafue on 20 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 17 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 1 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
It’s nonsense: Kambwili complains of police, OP trailing himBy Mukosha Funga on 16 Jul 2017
Former Information Minister Chishimba Kambwili says police and officers from Office of the President have been trailing him for the past few months, making his work in his constituency difficult.
In a statement on his Facebook page today, Kambwili said he feared for his life as police could easily kill him or plant something incriminating on him.
“I woke up this morning and found over 25 armed police officers and 6 office of the president officers right outside my gate. From last night after I arrived in Luanshya police and op have been trailing me, trailing me as far as going into Shoprite right behind me. What is this nonsense? I am not a criminal, I am a law abiding citizen who deserves to be treated fairly. This state of emergency was not called to trail and harass Chishimba Kambwili,” he said.
“My home is private property and I am entitled to private life without police harassment, I now fear for my life because these police officers can easily kill or plant something at my home to incriminate me. I’d like to warn the police to immediately stop abusing their powers and focus on arresting arsonists and law breakers. Whoever is sending these police officers to harass me and my family should know that time is of the essence.”
Kambwili, who is also Roan PF member of parliament, complained that he had not been to his constituency for over two months because of being trailed by OP officers.
“Mind you I have not been in my constituency for over two months because of constantly being followed by OP officials, baring in mind that I am a constituency man and I make an effort to see my people every weekend, this harassment is becoming a burden on my ability to deliver my campaign promises. I am utterly appalled at the behaviour of these people, instead of them being out there chasing criminals they are following Chishimba Kambwili for reasons best known to themselves,” stated Kambwili.
“As soon as I came out of my gate the police officers began to scamper in all directions but I managed to follow one car and confronted the officers, when I asked them what crime I have committed for me to be harassed in this manner they had no answer and simply said it’s not our own doing. Whoever is behind this must know that I will not run away from my own home, I will not run away from my responsibilities because I am not a coward.”
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Laura mobilizes demonstration against fire tenders - 20 Sep 2017
- Lungu salutes Commonwealth role in resolving electoral disputes - 20 Sep 2017
- Child marriage an impediment to Africa’s development – Lungu - 19 Sep 2017
- Fire guts over 70 Zesco poles in Chama - 18 Sep 2017
- Police started the fight, slapped my friend – Munir - 18 Sep 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend