- by Joseph Mwenda on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
It’s nonsense: Kambwili complains of police, OP trailing himBy Mukosha Funga on 16 Jul 2017
Former Information Minister Chishimba Kambwili says police and officers from Office of the President have been trailing him for the past few months, making his work in his constituency difficult.
In a statement on his Facebook page today, Kambwili said he feared for his life as police could easily kill him or plant something incriminating on him.
“I woke up this morning and found over 25 armed police officers and 6 office of the president officers right outside my gate. From last night after I arrived in Luanshya police and op have been trailing me, trailing me as far as going into Shoprite right behind me. What is this nonsense? I am not a criminal, I am a law abiding citizen who deserves to be treated fairly. This state of emergency was not called to trail and harass Chishimba Kambwili,” he said.
“My home is private property and I am entitled to private life without police harassment, I now fear for my life because these police officers can easily kill or plant something at my home to incriminate me. I’d like to warn the police to immediately stop abusing their powers and focus on arresting arsonists and law breakers. Whoever is sending these police officers to harass me and my family should know that time is of the essence.”
Kambwili, who is also Roan PF member of parliament, complained that he had not been to his constituency for over two months because of being trailed by OP officers.
“Mind you I have not been in my constituency for over two months because of constantly being followed by OP officials, baring in mind that I am a constituency man and I make an effort to see my people every weekend, this harassment is becoming a burden on my ability to deliver my campaign promises. I am utterly appalled at the behaviour of these people, instead of them being out there chasing criminals they are following Chishimba Kambwili for reasons best known to themselves,” stated Kambwili.
“As soon as I came out of my gate the police officers began to scamper in all directions but I managed to follow one car and confronted the officers, when I asked them what crime I have committed for me to be harassed in this manner they had no answer and simply said it’s not our own doing. Whoever is behind this must know that I will not run away from my own home, I will not run away from my responsibilities because I am not a coward.”
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- I won’t interfere with maize price – Lungu - 27 Jul 2017
- UPND want Lungu to join case regarding his eligibility to recontest presidency - 26 Jul 2017
- Kitwe PF youth secretary resigns - 26 Jul 2017
- Kampyongo was nothing, he’ll be nothing after govt – Kabimba - 26 Jul 2017
- Court adjourns Sumaili’s contempt case to Aug 23 - 26 Jul 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend