- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Sep 2017by Citizen journalist on 26 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- by Tenson Mkhala on 26 Sep 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 25 Sep 2017by Ruth Tembo on 19 Sep 2017by Ruth Tembo on 16 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Katanga is lying, there were many officers at my house – KambwiliBy Mukosha Funga on 17 Jul 2017
Former Information Minister Chishimba Kambwili says Copperbelt Province Police Commissioner Charity Katanga is lying that she sent only one officer to his house.
Yesterday, Katanga dismissed Kambwili’s complaint that there were 25 officers at his house saying police only sent one plain-cloth officer to after they heard that he was planning to hold a press briefing.
“We can never harass him. He should not drag the name of the police to the media. It’s not true that police officers were trailing him or manning his house because we don’t have enough manpower to do so. Today [Sunday], we received information that the former minister wanted to have a press briefing. So, as per routine we sent a plain-cloth officer to check the situation, we didn’t send armed officers,” said Katanga.
But in an interview today, Kambwili wondered whether Katanga was saying those who were at his house were lunatics.
“Following media reports of what Copperbelt commander has said is that all of us who were at my house yesterday are mad people. We are lunatics where we were seeing 25 police officers when it was only one plain police officer. And that is what Katanga is telling us that we are lunatics that we can see one police man turned into 25 police officers,” Kambwili said.
“But the only thing I can tell Katanga is that only the truth shall set us free. And that is why I am now getting worried that my life is at stake because if the police commissioner can lie, to mislead people with impunity, then there must be something underlying in that is going on.”
Take a listen:
Kambwili also revealed that he had lodged in a complaint with the Luanshya commanding officer who expressed shock at the presence of police at his house.
“And for your own information, I personally lodged in a complaint with the officer commanding at Luanshya and when I called him, he totally refused that police were not even aware of anything and they did not send anybody to my home. Now if the police commissioner in Luanshya says they did not send anybody, then the commissioner (Katanga) says they sent one police officer, that should leave you to decide who is telling the truth between us and police. I called the officer commanding and asked “what are your officers doing at my place? What have I done?’ And he told me, ‘honorable I am not aware, we have not sent anybody’,” said Kambwili.
“Now Katanga says they sent one officer, where did that same officer come from? Luanshya? Ndola? Where? So us we are lunatics, they are normal people, that is all I can say.”
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- PF are a bunch of thieves, Kambwili tells Parliament - 26 Sep 2017
- Stop selling military regalia, Police warn salaula traders - 26 Sep 2017
- Conflict in DRC worries Lungu - 25 Sep 2017
- Mukanga denies holding monthly board meetings at Indeni - 25 Sep 2017
- Sinkamba seeks European help in fire tender probe - 24 Sep 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend