by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Sep 2019
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 5 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Lungu expels Kambwili, Musenge from PFBy Joseph Mwenda on 22 Jul 2017
The Patriotic Front Central Committee, chaired by President Edgar Lungu, has expelled outspoken Roan Member of Parliament Chishimba Kambwili.
The former information minister confirmed the development to News Diggers! in an interview.
“It is true, I moved out of the meeting because it was a kangaroo court and I don’t support illegalities. How can I be in a meeting where, they want to charge you, the same Central Committee, they listen to you, they get evidence and they sentence you? How? You can’t be accuser, judge and jury at the same time, it doesn’t go that way the whole world. There must be somebody to charge somebody, an independent body to charge somebody and then it goes to an independent body that is going to mete out the punishment,” said Kambwili.
“You go to a meeting they say its a reconciliatory meeting, when you go there, there is nothing else spoken, they just say ‘Honourable Kambwili has been campaigning to be president, he must be expelled, because whoever is going to play with Lungu in 2021, tufwile ukubanyantya (we must step on them). So ba President nga twaamba ukuchena abantu (when we start hurting people), don’t set the police on us, all we want is expulsion’. Another person stands, same story; they were planted, about seven, eight of them, and then they say ‘Central Committee will now charge you, verbally you answer back and then we mete out the punishment’, I said ah ah ah, that is unprofessional. That is illegal and I will not stand in a Kangaroo court, that’s when I left. And When I left, they decided to expel me. Already they had already decided and said it was expulsion and nothing else.”
He complained that Home Affairs Minister Stephen Kampyongo, Lands Minister Jean Kapata, Presidential Affairs Minister Freedom Sikazwe and several others ganged up against him.
“Where a Minister of Home affairs eulelanda ati; tuli nokutampa ukucena abantu (is the one saying we about to start hurting people), Presidential affairs minister saying tuli nokutampa ukupuma abanthu (we are about to start beating people), Provincial chairman for Central Province, Jean Kapata, Provincial chairman for Luapula, saying tukala chena abantu, ba president nga twakoma abantu aikona ukutuma ba police, (we will be hurting people, when we do, Mr President don’t set the police on us)’ what a shame!” said Kambwili.
Take a listen:
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph is experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu fires new FIC board chair Siame - 11 Sep 2019
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe - 11 Sep 2019
- Lungu must address debt, loadshedding, mealie meal prices in Parley address – CSPR - 10 Sep 2019
- Don’t ask for credit, find who owns 48 houses, APNAC challenges ACC - 9 Sep 2019
- Van Blerk loses appeal over Baobab land - 2 Sep 2019
- If you don’t want to refine our constitution, we will refine it - Lungu (2,632 views)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (2,614 views)
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them (1,473 view)
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi (1,320 view)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,286 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend