by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
2021 candidacy talks a distraction – SACCORDBy Diggers Reporter on 28 Jul 2017
SACCORD Executive Director Boniface Chembe says there is need to take the country off the political path in order to focus on the national agenda of delivering development.
In an interview with News Diggers! Chembe said declaring President Edgar Lungu as the PF’s candidate in the next general election, four years prior, was not necessary.
“There’s need to depoliticise the country right now, we should focus more on the developmental agenda of the country. Our view is that the pronouncements being made that President Edgar Lungu is the sole candidate, four years before the elections, only seeks to continue the country be in an election mood,” Chembe observed.
“When the country is in an election mood, it is a bit difficult to focus on a common vision that needs to be undertaken to achieve what is desirable for the people. We fear that the pronouncement may just be a distraction on the nation in as far as the national agenda is concerned.”
Chembe advised government to focus on developmental programs unlike making statements that do not have a developmental agenda for the nation.
“As a ruling Party, they need to focus on the developmental agenda of the nation. There’s a good plan in the 7th National Development Plan which needs to be implemented and we feel if a lot more energy was focused on addressing the needs of the people. That is what will satisfy the needs of the people. As a ruling party and government they have the responsibility of ensuring that they meet the need of the people so that everybody in this country is given an opportunity to fulfill their life potential,” said Chembe.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- 4 Zambian trucks hijacked in SA - 15 Sep 2019
- Robert Mugabe dies aged 95 - 6 Sep 2019
- FAZ calls off Zambia vs SA friendly - 3 Sep 2019
- Zambia has given us a good environment for business – Orca Deco - 3 Sep 2019
- Mwitwa gives Tutwa 24 hours to apologize - 17 Aug 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (3,262 views)
- How will judges rule on Bill 10 after submitting to Parley? (2,024 views)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,730 view)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (1,712 view)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (1,090 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend