- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Over 850 UNZA students barred from exams over feesBy Mukosha Funga on 28 Jul 2017
Over 850 University of Zambia students with outstanding balances will not be allowed to write examinations next month.
According to a an internal memo posted on several notice boards at Zambia’s highest learning institution along with the complete list of affected students, lecturers have also been instructed not to allow them to attend classes.
“The Following students will not be allowed be allowed to attend classes or access any university services due to non-payment of student fees. Lecturers have been instructed not to mark assignments and tests for these students. In addition, they will not be allowed to write final examinations starting in August 2017. Ensure to settle your balances to avoid inconveniences,” read the memo which was circulated by Vice Chancellor Professor Luke Mumba.
Some of the students talked to said they were scared to air their views because they could be suspended or expelled.
“This is very disheartening because some of the balances are so minimal. Even a K100 balance can cost you an exam and derail everything. And it is tense in school because no one knows how we can get management to reverse this. People have been suspended for speaking out recently so I really don’t know what else to say,” said one of the students.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Kambwili is our political consultant – NDC - 22 Oct 2017
- DCs must stay within their districts – Mwila - 22 Oct 2017
- UPND moves rally to Munali next Sunday - 22 Oct 2017
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President – Mwila - 21 Oct 2017
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on – GBM - 21 Oct 2017
You may also like...
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend