- by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
PF reacts to Malema: He is an Imperialist rabid dogBy Mukosha Funga on 30 Jul 2017
The Patriotic Front says there is no doubt that Julius Malema and Mmusi Maimane have one paymaster and they are nothing but puppets of those who seek to control Zambia’s mineral rights through their stooges.
Yesterday, Malema, who is leader of South Africa’s Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF), called President Edgar Lungu a coward.
“There is something terribly going wrong in Zambia. The opposition is suppressed in Zambia. The President of the opposition is arrested, President Lungu declared an illegal State of Emergency because he is threatened. We are saying to him, do not suppress opposition parties. Lungu you are a coward, allow the opposition to oppose you. If you are a true leader, you will defeat them properly,” said Malema.
But in a statement titled ‘Malema: the imperialist’s rabid lap dog running errands for his masters’ today, PF media director Sunday Chanda said the party had noted the irritating and insulting remarks against President Lungu.
“We have noted the irritating and insulting remarks against His Excellency President Edgar Chagwa Lungu who is also Leader of the Patriotic Front by the ‘shrunken’ Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) leader Julius Malema who attempts to project himself as the Spokesperson of the Opposition in the Region. For the record, President Lungu sought recourse to the Preservation of Public Security Act, Cap 112 of the Laws of Zambia under Article 31 of the Constitution of Zambia to address instances of fires caused by arson, and to prevent further cases of economic sabotage, which threaten public security and people’s safety. Malema should be schooled that the Preservation of Public Security Act leaves the Constitution intact. All measured actions being taken continue to be subject to the Constitutional principles and strict judicial oversight,” Chanda stated.
“Article 31 invoked by President Lungu and ratified by Parliament did not create a State of Emergency but deals with a Threat to Public Security or Threatened Emergency. There is no State of Emergency in Zambia. Article 31 was invoked long after Hakainde Hichilema’s incarceration. Hichilema was not arrested after the invocation of Article 31. He is a criminal suspect appearing before a competent Court of jurisdiction. Malema is such a hypocrite who seeks to vilify Hendrick Verwoerd, the architect of apartheid but still go to bed with beneficiaries of Verwoerd’s apartheid, the Democratic Alliance. There is no doubt that Malema’s EFF and Mmusi Maimane have one paymaster and the two are nothing but puppets of those who seek to control Zambia’s mineral rights through their stooges.”
He stated that Malema was a coward who could not come to Zambia to repeat those words.
“Malema is a coward otherwise he could have jumped on the first plane, fly into Zambia and utter those remarks on the Zambian soil and later observe reactions from Zambians immediately thereafter. Today, Malema cannot travel to a number of countries in the Region, including Botswana because he is a political sell-out who has no right to poke his nose into Zambia’s business!” Chanda exclaimed.
“Malema is running around because his paymasters told him so, including falsities by UPND National Chairperson Mrs Mutale Nalumango and Douglas Siyakalima during their visit to him earlier this month. Malema and his EFF must be told that UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema was not arrested by President Edgar Lungu. Hichilema is a criminal suspect appearing before Zambia’s competent Courts of jurisdiction which Malema and his minority party must respect. It’s a miscalculation by Malema and his EFF to politicise a criminal matter. Zambians are not docile and certainly they do not need Malema’s flip flopping.”
Chanda said Malema had no business in meddling in Zambia’s affairs.
“Lastly, in understanding Malema, we draw reference to the description of Malema by Zimbabwe’s information minister, Chris Mushohwe who described the EFF leader as a ‘puny’, a ‘Gucci revolutionary…a shrunken, talkative joke, a charlatan who fancies himself big and cute enough to pass comment and judgment on developments elsewhere on the continent. What an embarrassment… We pity and dismiss him as an ignorant youth…’ We say Cde Mushohwe was correct in his analysis of Malema! While we understand that Malema has sold out to forces of capital and paraded himself as an imperialist’s rabid lap dog busy running errands for his masters, he has no business to delela Zambia by meddling in issues he’s ignorant about. Let him keep his delela in South Africa,” stated Chanda.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Court acquits man accused of defaming Mumbi Phiri on WhatsApp - 19 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn’t know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer – Lungu - 18 Oct 2017
- DPP abusing nolles – HH - 17 Oct 2017
- UNZA gives “Ruins” to female students in a bid to stop riots - 16 Oct 2017
- IMF presses Zambia redefine its borrowing plans - 16 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
- Court acquits man accused of defaming Mumbi Phiri on WhatsApp
- ZICTA confiscates transmitter for a Choma community radio station
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge’s prayer position sparks debate
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi’s jersey at Day of Prayer
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend