- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Kamba stands with owing UNZA studentsBy Mukosha Funga on 8 Aug 2017
Patriotic Front Lusaka youth chairman Kennedy Kamba says owing University of Zambia students must be allowed to write examinations and given more time to source for funds.
Speaking during a Lusaka Central PF indoor youth mobilization meeting at Government Complex yesterday, Kamba appealed to Minister of Home Affairs Stephen Kamoyongo to intervene in the owing students’ situation.
“Let me also take this opportunity honorable minister sir through your office to appeal to our friends at the University of Zambia who are barred from writing the examinations because of some fees which they are unable to pay. Through you chair, if you can speak to the VC, he should help our friends at UNZA, they have complained and cried, they do not have anywhere to touch so that the minister should give them time to find money and they are allowed to write exams,” said Kamba.
UNZA recently announced that over 8,000 students who owe the institution K58 million will be barred from writing exams this month.
Despite numerous calls by stakeholders like National Planning and Development Minister Lucky Mulusa to rescind the decision, UNZA Vice Chancellor Professor Luke Mumba insisted that the decision was final.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Forgive me, I didn’t know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer – Lungu - 18 Oct 2017
- DPP abusing nolles – HH - 17 Oct 2017
- UNZA gives “Ruins” to female students in a bid to stop riots - 16 Oct 2017
- IMF presses Zambia redefine its borrowing plans - 16 Oct 2017
- Chama reiterates govt’s support for aviation industry - 16 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend