- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Kamba stands with owing UNZA studentsBy Mukosha Funga on 8 Aug 2017
Patriotic Front Lusaka youth chairman Kennedy Kamba says owing University of Zambia students must be allowed to write examinations and given more time to source for funds.
Speaking during a Lusaka Central PF indoor youth mobilization meeting at Government Complex yesterday, Kamba appealed to Minister of Home Affairs Stephen Kamoyongo to intervene in the owing students’ situation.
“Let me also take this opportunity honorable minister sir through your office to appeal to our friends at the University of Zambia who are barred from writing the examinations because of some fees which they are unable to pay. Through you chair, if you can speak to the VC, he should help our friends at UNZA, they have complained and cried, they do not have anywhere to touch so that the minister should give them time to find money and they are allowed to write exams,” said Kamba.
UNZA recently announced that over 8,000 students who owe the institution K58 million will be barred from writing exams this month.
Despite numerous calls by stakeholders like National Planning and Development Minister Lucky Mulusa to rescind the decision, UNZA Vice Chancellor Professor Luke Mumba insisted that the decision was final.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- We haven’t warned of a shutdown – Mopani - 19 Aug 2017
- Africa must unite and fight neo-colonialism – Mwila - 19 Aug 2017
- Awkward: Maimane rejects Lungu’s invitation to meet - 19 Aug 2017
- Maimane, Malema have accepted invitation to meet Lungu – Mwamba - 19 Aug 2017
- Mwanawasa was a visionary – HH - 19 Aug 2017
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC
- Resolve differences around Zambia-Canada Foreign and Investment Promotion Agreement
- Tribute to the 5 ‘co-abused’
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend