by Natasha Sakala on 17 Sep 2019by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2019by Mwansa Mambwe in Solwezi on 17 Sep 2019
by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Fire sweeps through Ndola’s KapalalaBy Mukosha Funga on 30 Aug 2017
Fire has swept through Kapalala market in Masala township in Ndola destroying merchandise in over 3,000 shops.
The market has been reduced to ashes from an inferno that started between 01:00 and 02:00hours.
A combined team of fire fighters and the residents managed to put out the fire, but it was too late to salvage much.
According to Ndola mayor Amon Chisenga who visited the place in the early hours, over 3,000 stands have been destroyed.
The cause of the fire is yet to be established.
Meanwhile, Kabushi member of parliament Bowman Lusambo said the market was a place for thousands of people who depended on trading for the livelihoods.
“It is with a deep sense of concern that I announce that almost the entire Masala Kapalala Market in Masala Township. Skyways Ward in Kabushi Constituency has burnt to ashes destroying merchandise belonging to hundreds of Marketeers who depend on this market for their livelihoods,” Lusambo who is also Copperbelt minister said.
“Information gathered so far indicate that the fire started around 01:00 Hours. The cause of the fire has not yet been identified and the fire has since been put out by a brave team of fire fighters with the help of the local people. I would have visited the scene this morning but I am away in Lusaka attending to Cabinet duties but I wish to assure my people that I will visit the scene later today and empathise with the victims of this devastation.”
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Lungu fires 3 permanent secretaries, makes reshuffles - 3 Sep 2019
- ZRA resolves $7.6 billion tax “evasion” by Kalumbila, waives some penalties - 26 Aug 2019
- Kabwe children contaminated with toxic Lead, reveals Human Rights Watch - 26 Aug 2019
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk - 25 Aug 2019
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye - 23 Aug 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (6,774 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,954 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (2,633 views)
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters (2,245 views)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (2,198 views)
- De-gazettion of Forest 27 doesn’t affect Chalimbana River – Kapata
- Lungu must check his aides, they’ll injure him – KBF
- Zesco is suffering, it’s got no money – laments minister
- My penis doesn’t function, defilement accused tells court
- It’s illogical for companies that don’t pay dividends to bid for KCM – Mumba
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend