- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
National airline a waste of money – KambwiliBy Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2017
Roan member of parliament Chishimba Kambwili says the move by government to reintroduce Zambia Airways will be a waste of money and a hive of corruption.
Speaking at his residence in Luanshya, Kambwili said the PF government kuwayawayafye (was not serious) as it had its priorities misplaced.
“What we said when Mr Sata was alive is that let’s find a flag carrier to run the whole thing and return shares. They can bring the aeroplanes and paint them in the Zambian colours as a flag carrier because creating a national airline will be a loss making venture under the current circumstances,” Kambwili said.
“Isho indeke balefwaya ukushita [those planes they want to buy] money can go to immediate pressing needs but nici kuwayawayafye.
He said it was unwise for the government to be thinking about creating a national airline when airlines such as British Airways and South African Airways with bigger economies were struggling to survive.
Kambwili also said some government officials were eager to see the national airline project take off because they wanted to get commissions from the procurement process.
The former chief government spokesperson also said the construction of the new Ndola airport was a misplaced priority.
“If I was president of this country, I will make agriculture my first priority with a bias towards value addition. Take a look at Mpongwe, it is a town today because of agriculture,” said Kambwili.
“Imagine if you take the millions of dollars going into that airport construction and pump into more agricultural districts on the Copperblet what will happen? It’s lack of priorities. I land at Ndola airport each time I am flying from Addis Ababa, Nairobi or Johannesburg, there is nothing wrong with it.”
About Diggers Reporter
- Mboozi’s absence from court forces magistrate to consider acquitting Nchima Nchito - 20 Nov 2017
- Magistrate commits Precious’ lover to the High Court - 20 Nov 2017
- Lungu to attend SADC meeting on Zim crisis - 20 Nov 2017
- Mumba Yachi’s stay in Zambia poses a danger to society – Immigration - 15 Nov 2017
- Chibamba clarifies his “offshore” remarks quoted by Lusaka Times - 15 Nov 2017
You may also like...
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend