- by Tenson Mkhala on 26 Sep 2017by Ruth Tembo on 26 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
National airline a waste of money – KambwiliBy Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2017
Roan member of parliament Chishimba Kambwili says the move by government to reintroduce Zambia Airways will be a waste of money and a hive of corruption.
Speaking at his residence in Luanshya, Kambwili said the PF government kuwayawayafye (was not serious) as it had its priorities misplaced.
“What we said when Mr Sata was alive is that let’s find a flag carrier to run the whole thing and return shares. They can bring the aeroplanes and paint them in the Zambian colours as a flag carrier because creating a national airline will be a loss making venture under the current circumstances,” Kambwili said.
“Isho indeke balefwaya ukushita [those planes they want to buy] money can go to immediate pressing needs but nici kuwayawayafye.
He said it was unwise for the government to be thinking about creating a national airline when airlines such as British Airways and South African Airways with bigger economies were struggling to survive.
Kambwili also said some government officials were eager to see the national airline project take off because they wanted to get commissions from the procurement process.
The former chief government spokesperson also said the construction of the new Ndola airport was a misplaced priority.
“If I was president of this country, I will make agriculture my first priority with a bias towards value addition. Take a look at Mpongwe, it is a town today because of agriculture,” said Kambwili.
“Imagine if you take the millions of dollars going into that airport construction and pump into more agricultural districts on the Copperblet what will happen? It’s lack of priorities. I land at Ndola airport each time I am flying from Addis Ababa, Nairobi or Johannesburg, there is nothing wrong with it.”Related ItemsHeadlines
You may also like...
- Parliament should be able to detect, stop abuse of public resources – Speaker
- Political Parties Bill is evil – ZCSD
- Stop selling military regalia, Police warn salaula traders
- Car carrying G9 exam papers to Zambezi submerges in water
- Let Laura, others wait for police response on their planned demos – Katongo
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend