- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
My Minister already cleared the air on fire tenders – LunguBy Mukosha Funga on 28 Sep 2017
President Edgar Lungu says his Minister of Local government Vincent Mwale already cleared the air on fire tenders in Parliament.
And President Lungu says he will be guided by Parliament and other governance institutions on whether or not to extend the Threatened State of Emergency.
Speaking to journalists when he arrived from Angola on Tuesday, President Lungu however insisted that those with evidence of corruption in the procurement of 42 fire tenders at a cost of $42 million should assist investigative wings.
“I was with the Minister of Local government today and as far as he is concerned, the matter was above board, it is a matter which went to court, it is a matter which went for arbitration and he even issued a statement in Parliament explaining everything. Now if you are unhappy with that but you cannot give the truth then there is a problem,” President Lungu said .
And President Lungu said he would make consultations on whether or not to extend the Threatened State of Emergency.
“I don’t govern alone, I govern with other institutions, Parliament is there and the public is there, the police are there so for me, I will be guided by everyone else and then I’ll let my colleagues in Parliament know and if they think that we are safe, then that’s fine,” said President Lungu.
Meanwhile, Mwale told ZNBC news that the Head of State will soon meet his Congolese counterpart Joseph Kabila to discuss issues of peace and security in the region.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- UNZA owes ZRA, others K2.8bn, as audit reveals mismanagement of funds - 7 Apr 2020
- State of Emergency unnecessary – Kasonde - 30 Mar 2020
- Southern Africa Human Rights Defenders Network calls for Sangwa’s reinstatement - 20 Mar 2020
- Parley adjournment God-given opportunity to campaign for Bill 10 – Lubinda - 20 Mar 2020
- UN Rapporteur on Independence of Judges and Lawyers defends Sangwa - 16 Mar 2020
- It’s inhuman for Chanda to undermine HH’s donation of soap, sanitisers – UPND (3,224 views)
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects? (2,708 views)
- UPND blames Nangula loss on COVID-19 (2,244 views)
- Kampyongo's mockery of people on ARVs unacceptable - NAC (2,141 views)
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya (1,631 view)
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us?
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects?
- We’re already on lockdown – Lungu
- Introduce SI to stop landlords from collecting rentals, Changala urges govt
- Why whip patrons if there's no lockdown?
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «April 2020»
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- It’s illegal for police to whip citizens – Mweetwa
- UNZA owes ZRA, others K2.8bn, as audit reveals mismanagement of funds
- PF’s Nangula victory a 2021 sample – Mundubile
- Tutwa refutes UPND’s Bill 10 bribery claims
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya
- Govt, FRA’s deal with millers failed to cut mealie meal prices – IAPRI
- Habitat urges govt to improve living conditions in unplanned settlements
- SACCORD hails PF, UPND for peaceful Nangula poll
- ZRA’s tax audit on media houses within its mandate but wrongly timed – MISA
- Kamusoko, Mangani on path to recovery
- Govt must carry out robust awareness campaign against COVID-19 – CSPR
- Siwale welcomes FIFA’s intervention in FAZ wrangles
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
[search_popup]Send this to a friend