- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 12 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Maimane must quit nursing HH – SundayBy Linda Jere on 13 Oct 2017
Patriotic Front media director Sunday Chanda says South Africa’s Democratic Alliance leader Mmusi Maimane must quit nursing UPND president Hakainde Hichilema because he is ill informed about the Zambian legal regime.
Yesterday, Maimane asked President Edgar Lungu to publicly apologoise to HH for locking him up on trumped up treason charges only for them to be dropped four months later.
Maimane also stated that Zambia still remained politically unstable and volatile under President Lungu.
But in a statement today, Chanda stated that Maimane’s utterances were contemptuous.
“Remarks by Democratic Alliance (DA) ‘token’ Mmusi Maimane deserve the utmost contempt. We refuse to describe Mmusi as a political twit but we now understand why Hellen Zille and other beneficiaries of the apartheid regime found it convenient to settle for him as their front ,” Chanda stated.
“Mmusi is ill-informed about the Zambian legal regime and he must be the last person to continue nursing his friend, the Opposition leader in Zambia, over a wrong he committed and for which he was taken into custody. Unfortunately, Mmusi celebrates his friend’s poor judgement which resulted in placing the sitting Head of State’s life and those of other members of the public in harm’s way.”
Chanda dared Mmusi to attempt doing what HH did to South African Presidential motorcade if his advice was to be taken seriously because no one owned his friend an apology.
“ If Mmusi wants us to take his advice seriously, let him pass the litmus test by attempting to do to the South African Presidential motorcade what his friend did. Suffice to say that Zambia is a country of laws and not of men. No one owes his friend any apology,” stated Chanda.
About Linda Jere
- Kitwe Council to punish employees who will miss day of prayer - 17 Oct 2017
- I knew Sata would fire me because I always spoke my mind – Wynter - 16 Oct 2017
- Pa Chilata to host U-20 COSAFA Cup - 16 Oct 2017
- Persons with disabilities lack legal protection – HRC - 16 Oct 2017
- How to stop being clingy and enjoy being alone - 16 Oct 2017
- Woman in court for burning daughter over K7
- Promise to stop stealing before inviting us for prayers, HH tells PF
- National Day of Prayer a curse – Nevers
- Forgive me, I didn’t know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer – Lungu
- Mwila reserves party position on calls for Mulusa’s dismissal
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend