by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Govt doesn’t want to open UNZA, CBU because its broke – ChaileBy Mukosha Funga on 6 Feb 2018
Former University of Zambia Students’ Union president Vincent Chaile says the real reason why government doesn’t want to open UNZA and CBU is because it is broke.
In a statement, Monday, Chaile, who now leads a political party called Radical Revolutionary Party, told government to stop using Cholera as a scapegoat.
“Cholera is just a scapegoat …Let the minister of education and her goverment tell the nation the truth over the closure of UNZA and CBU. As a fomer union leader (UNZASU president)..it is sad to hear the people we have entrusted with leadership are failing to tell the truth over a straight forward matter. We are aware that govt has no money, the national purse has been depleted completely,” Chaile stated.
Chaile said it was disappointing for Higher Education Minister Professor Nkandu Luo claim that the two institutions would only be reopened once health inspectors were certain that there was no contaminated water because workers at both UNZA and CBU had been operating normally without reporting any cholera cases.
“We are also very much aware that government has been struggling to pay its workers on time.
Opening the two institution is not a priority for now because govt has no money to give students bursaries and other allowances. It’s quite unfortunately for the entire Minister of Higher Education can misled the nation that UNZA and CBU will only open when water at the two institution is free from contamination. Which contamination is the minister talking about when workers at UNZA and CBU have never been on break and there is no record of anyone getting sick of cholera,” stated Chaile.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster - 19 Sep 2019
- Lungu fires 3 permanent secretaries, makes reshuffles - 3 Sep 2019
- ZRA resolves $7.6 billion tax “evasion” by Kalumbila, waives some penalties - 26 Aug 2019
- Kabwe children contaminated with toxic Lead, reveals Human Rights Watch - 26 Aug 2019
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk - 25 Aug 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (12,951 views)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (2,084 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (2,069 views)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,522 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (1,043 view)
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend