by Julia Malunga on 16 Oct 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 16 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 16 Oct 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Oct 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Lusaka is a time bomb, if we don’t work, people will soon laugh at us – BowmanBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Feb 2018
Lusaka Province Minister Bowman Lusambo says the Capital City is sitting on a time bomb and if government officials don’t put their heads together, they would soon become a laughing stock for members of the public.
Speaking during a handover ceremony with his predecessor Japhen Mwakalombe who was transferred to Copperbelt Province, Lusambo said he was going to make tough decisions for Lusaka which would leave causalities.
“Lusaka has a lot of challenges and the decision has to be made. When you are making a decision, sometimes other people will be affected. And that is a good decision. A good decision is when you have casualties. When you don’t have casualties just know that this is the worst decision. So we are going to make some of the decisions which will affect people and that will be a good decision for this province. I can assure you that as Lusaka we are sitting on the time bomb. And if we are not going to put our heads together, the people of Zambia will laugh at us. So my coming in, we have come to change the face of Lusaka,” Lusambo said.
“The President has given us this opportunity to work. We won’t go to the President to ask him for us to do something. He has given us authority already. We are here to transform Lusaka. All of you, you know me. I’m not new to all of you. We started politics as cadres and we are still cadres and will continue to be cadres. We are pushing the manifesto of PF and we should all push the PF manifesto. All of us. What I don’t want to see is people doing politics in your offices.”
And Mwakalombe urged government officials not to resist transfers.
“In government everyone is transferable. Therefore it is very important that as a politician, civil servants, we take recognisance to the fact that when you are transferred it is not that government doesn’t like you. Also we should not resist transfers. Transfers are very important because they mean that there may be a challenge somewhere and your input and knowledge is required. So please my appeal to all of us is that let us accept transfers. Transfers should not discourage us but make us stronger,” said Mwakalombe.
“The civil service, the politicians, our role is to deliver to the masses of the people who don’t even belong to political parties. We have some of them who vote, some of them who don’t vote. Some of them voted for the ruling party while others voted for the opposition but what is important is to unite and ensure that we fight poverty. The only way we can do that is to be united.”
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Suspected UPND youth applies for habeas corpus - 16 Oct 2019
- LAZ asks ConCourt to dismiss Tutwa’s application to set aside contempt case - 16 Oct 2019
- Murder trial for Benny Zulu starts - 16 Oct 2019
- UPPZ leader applies for habeas corpus - 16 Oct 2019
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court - 15 Oct 2019
- Murder trial for Benny Zulu starts (4,051 views)
- 2 burn to death in Luanshya road accident (3,357 views)
- AVIC, RDA toll plaza deal was a rip off, evidence is coming (2,321 views)
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba's legitimacy in court (2,221 views)
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,032 views)
- I’m Lungu’s strongman, that’s why enemies target me with corruption tag – Chitotela
- 2 burn to death in Luanshya road accident
- We’re ready to meet UPND in court over its gay rights agenda – Sunday
- Lungu’s failure to protect Sesheke cops worsening violence – Andyford
- Former ministers must do the right thing, pay back – Sumaili
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Murder trial for Benny Zulu starts
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend