by Julia Malunga on 16 Oct 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 16 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 16 Oct 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Oct 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
PF shouldn’t be too comfortable with impeachment motion – KambwiliBy Mukosha Funga on 28 Feb 2018
NDC leader Chishimba Kambwili says the Patriotic Front should not be too comfortable that they will defeat the impeachment motion because they coined the slogan ‘donchi kubeba’.
And Kambwili says President Edgar Lungu will be signing his way to prison if he approves the sale of NRDC.
On Sunday, UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema instructed his members of parliament to move an impeachment motion against President Lungu citing various constitutional breaches.
But PF Secretary General Davies Mwila laughed off impeachment talks saying Hichilema was just a joker, wasting peoples time and resources on something he clearly would not win.
However, the rebel Roan PF member of parliament has warned the ruling party not to be too comfortable saying anything was possible in a secret ballot.
“[I will support the motion] 100 per cent in fact more than 100 percent. I have been calling for that and I will be more than happy to have that motion come tomorrow,” Kambwili said.
“What the PF doesn’t realize is that the impeachment is a secret vote and let them just wait, we will cross the bridge when we get there. In any case, PF coined the donchi kubeba slogan so they must know that where there is a secret ballot, donchi kubeba is very alive.”
And Kambwili said President Lungu would be signing his way to prison by approving the sale of NRDC to AVIC International.
According to the Memorandum of Understanding between government and AVIC, the Chinese Company will construct a new NRDC with the same scale in Shibuyunji district where land has been secured.
“In return, A VIC INTL Project Engineering Company shall develop and construct a new Natural Resources Development College, with the same scale as the current one at the alternative to be designated by government,” reads the MoU.
But Kambwili wondered the logic behind building a new NRDC of the same scale when government was claiming it was too small and not conducive for learning.
“Everything they do in terms of projects is all corruption. There is an interest of corruption, nothing else. We have been reliably informed that they have offered shares to some senior people to own shares on that financial centre that they want to build so it is a question of corruption because they will be part of the owners. It is not a question of looking out for the people of Zambia, they are just looking for prime land where to build that and they have decided on NRDC. In their trying to justify the sale of NRDC land, the government has stated that the land where it is is very small for expansion and the college itself, where it is, it is inadequate to accommodate the current and future students. Now the question is, if the MoU is saying they will build the same college at the new centre at the same scale, it means they are going to build something which is exactly the same size as the existing infrastructure,” said Kambwili.
“So what is the need for moving to a bigger area? The only thing is that these people are corrupt and they are interested in that prime land at NRDC where they know they can make more money. Why can’t they go and build this financial centre in Mumbwa where they have been given new land? They want to take advantage and think that Zambians are stupid but I can tell President Edgar Lungu that he is signing his way to prison. Let him dare try to give that land to AVIC, he would have signed his way to prison.”
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- TIZ raises red flag against Govt, AVIC on Kafulafuta, Sata Toll Plazas - 8 Oct 2019
- Govt single-sourced AVIC…to construct the $4.3m Toll Plaza which broke down months later - 7 Oct 2019
- Kaoma police nab UPND cadre in shooting incident - 6 Oct 2019
- DEC withdraws summon on Findlay - 3 Oct 2019
- Several soldiers injured during military exhibition in Mbala - 30 Sep 2019
- Murder trial for Benny Zulu starts (4,042 views)
- 2 burn to death in Luanshya road accident (3,341 views)
- AVIC, RDA toll plaza deal was a rip off, evidence is coming (2,311 views)
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba's legitimacy in court (2,213 views)
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,027 views)
- I’m Lungu’s strongman, that’s why enemies target me with corruption tag – Chitotela
- 2 burn to death in Luanshya road accident
- We’re ready to meet UPND in court over its gay rights agenda – Sunday
- Lungu’s failure to protect Sesheke cops worsening violence – Andyford
- Former ministers must do the right thing, pay back – Sumaili
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Murder trial for Benny Zulu starts
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend