by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Sep 2019
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 5 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
BRE sets April 21 for Kuomboka CeremonyBy Mirriam Chabala on 29 Mar 2018
The Barotse Royal Establishment (BRE) has officially announced April 21st, 2018 as the date for the Kuomboka Ceremony of the Lozi Speaking people of Western province.
BRE Prime Minister Nyambe Mwenda, also known as the Ngambela, made the announcement at a press briefing held at the Kuta in Limulunga District yesterday, explaining that the date had been permitted and blessed by the Litunga Lubosi Imwiko II.
Mwenda also cautioned Zambains against wearing party regalia at the ceremony, emphasising that anyone dressed in any political party outfits would not be allowed to attend the ceremony, regardless of the party they represent.
“The Barotse Royal Establishment has set 21st April, 2018 as the date for this year’s Kuomboka Ceremony of the Lozi Speaking people of the Western province of Zambia. This was after consultations with the Litunga Lubosi Imwiko II, who permitted and blessed the set date,” he said.
“The Barotse Royal Establishment would, however, like to explicitly state that no one should come to this ceremony dressed in the party regalia because this is not a political event. The traditional ceremony should not be used as a political arena for anyone. The only regalia that will be allowed is the red berets, commonly known as ‘Mashushu’ in Silozi.”
And Mwenda disclosed that Kuomboka was for everyone, thus no one is officially written to requesting for their attendance because all were welcome.
Meanwhile, Limulunga District Commissioner Litambo Ndombo told journalists in the district that works towards the mending of the Mongu-Limulunga road was progressing well in preparations for the ceremony.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi - 13 Sep 2019
- Lungu must take his Parliament address seriously, people are distressed – Mweetwa - 13 Sep 2019
- Quitting politics has nothing to do with my brother’s appointment at BoZ – Chipimo - 12 Sep 2019
- Lungu fires new FIC board chair Siame - 12 Sep 2019
- Unless you kill me, arrests only make me add volume – Kambwili - 12 Sep 2019
- If you don’t want to refine our constitution, we will refine it - Lungu (2,624 views)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (2,607 views)
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them (1,467 view)
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi (1,312 view)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,272 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend