by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Aug 2018by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Alex Chilumbwe on 20 Aug 2018by Diggers Correspondent on 20 Aug 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 16 Aug 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 15 Aug 2018
by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2018by Stuart Lisulo on 16 Aug 2018by Abraham Kalito on 15 Aug 2018by Stuart Lisulo on 15 Aug 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Aug 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Aug 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Aug 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Aug 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Mukubesa Mundia on 27 Jul 2018by Percy Chanda, UPND on 15 Jun 2018by Elias Munshya on 11 Jun 2018by Akashambatwa Mbikusita-Lewanika on 31 May 2018
by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2018by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2018by Diggers Editor on 14 Aug 2018by Diggers Editor on 9 Aug 2018
by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2018by Abraham Kalito on 3 Aug 2018by Joseph Mwenda on 24 Jul 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2018
- Guest DiggersCLOSE
Kalima was a dedicated member of the House – Speaker MatibiniBy Tenson Mkhala on 14 Jun 2018
Speaker of the National Assembly Dr Patrick Matibini says the late Kasenengwa PF member of parliament Victoria Kalima was a dedicated member of the House who would be greatly missed.
Speaking to journalists shortly after he visited the funeral house in Lusaka, Wednesday, Dr Matibini said the House was in sorrow, as it would greatly miss an active and committed member.
“Well, I must say, first and foremost, that this is a very sorrowful moment for the House, having lost one of its members. I must state that Honourable Victoria Kalima was a very active member of the House. She was a very committed member of parliament and so we, as a House, received her passing on with great, deep sorrow,” Dr Matibini said.
He added that the late Kalima was an active member of the back bench and was eventually appointed as Minister of Gender.
“Well, like I have indicated, it is always sad to lose one of the members of the House. We will greatly miss her contribution. She was, of course, as you may recall, a very active member of the back bench and was eventually appointed as Minister of Gender; the capacity which she served very well,” Dr Matibini added.
And the Speaker called on members of parliament to unite as they mourn their colleague.
“This is time to unite. We are one family and I hope that as we mourn her, we mourn her respectfully and give her a good send-off, Dr Matibini said.
Meanwhile, late Victoria Kalima’s elder sister Allinancy Banda said the family has lost a pillar.
“Victoria was the pillar of the family. Her demise just left us in confusion, and we do not know what we will do. She looked after the whole family and she was managing a big family until her death. She did not hesitate to help anybody so she was a pillar, like I said,” Banda said.
Kalima died at Lusaka’s Maina Soko Hospital on Monday after an illness.
She was born in 1972 in a family of seven and is survived by four children, two of which are adopted.
About Tenson Mkhala
Tenson Mkhala is our resident photo journalist.
Email: tenson [at] diggers [dot] news
- Miles explains vision for Lusaka in installation speech - 4 Aug 2018
- Rise in killings due to bad leadership – Chihana - 25 Jul 2018
- UNZA, police sign MoU to improve security, knowledge among officers - 6 Jul 2018
- HH donates school to govt - 26 Jun 2018
- NDC adopts Saboi Imboela for Lusaka Mayor - 25 Jun 2018
- Target grand corruption, not only the weak and vulnerable - Mwenye
- There's no law that prohibits citizens form criticising any judgement - Chipimo
- Zambia to issue new "electronic passports"
- Speed cameras not meant to collect fines but change attitudes - RTSA
- Mwanawasa used his career as a lawyer to advance law, order in Zambia - Maureen
- News Diggers! ePaper Edition 245 August 20, 2018
- Handball team in high spirit ahead of Morocco outing
- Speed cameras not meant to collect fines but change attitudes – RTSA
- PF will need the judiciary that it is destroying today – Andyford
- There’s no law that prohibits citizens form criticising any judgement – Chipimo
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend