by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by By Tim Zulu and Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 4 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
NDC fires Kambwili amidst reports Musenge is defecting to PFBy Mukosha Funga on 21 Feb 2019
National Democratic Congress Secretary General Mwenya Musenge has announced that the party has fired its political consultant Chishimba Kambwili for allegedly denting the name of the party.
Musenge told UNZA Radio, Thursday, that Kambwili was making the party look like it was full of jokers, racists and that it condoned xenophobia.
“For those that feel they want to work with Kambwili, they are free to do that but not under the name of NDC. NDC has its own leadership and its own members.NDC is bigger than an individual, and we expect that all those who are members of NDC will respect the decision that has been communicated today. And I want to emphasize that we do not hate our dear brother Kambwili but we feel we need to have a figurehead, a president whom we can call president that this is our man but not a thing where today you are saying ‘I am being courted by NDC but I have not made a decision as to whether to accept or not. Not where I make a pronouncement to say 2021 we are fielding Chishimba Kambwili as our presidential candidate and he is responding that ‘ask Musenge, he is the one who has formed that party, I don’t know about those things’. You know, we have been getting ourselves embarrassed so this decision has just been taken to see how we can rectify this thing. Our relationship as brothers with Chishimba Kambwili still remains. We can share a light moment, we can drink tea together, but as a party, as NDC, we will have nothing (to do with him),” said Musenge.
“And I want to appeal to him also to respect the decision that we have taken as a party and that he cannot, from now onwards issue statements on behalf of NDC. That shall only be done by myself as secretary general of the party and the party spokesperson, Mr Moyo and the vice-president honorable Akafumba.”
Take a listen:
Last night, Kambwili dismissed the report as fake news when asked for a comment. He is yet to issue a fresh statement.
But well-placed sources within the NDC have told News Diggers that Musenge plans to defect to the ruling party.
More details later.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- TIZ raises red flag against Govt, AVIC on Kafulafuta, Sata Toll Plazas - 8 Oct 2019
- Govt single-sourced AVIC…to construct the $4.3m Toll Plaza which broke down months later - 7 Oct 2019
- Kaoma police nab UPND cadre in shooting incident - 6 Oct 2019
- DEC withdraws summon on Findlay - 3 Oct 2019
- Several soldiers injured during military exhibition in Mbala - 30 Sep 2019
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,058 views)
- Kalaluka fights LAZ's subpoenas against himself, Lubinda (1,127 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,040 view)
- Don’t blame climate change but corruption for economic crisis - KBF (1,007 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,003 view)
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
- Police lied about Kaoma shooting, with impunity
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend