- by Julia Malunga on 20 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 19 Aug 2019
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 17 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 16 Aug 2019
- by Julia Malunga on 19 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Aug 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
NDC fires Kambwili amidst reports Musenge is defecting to PFBy Mukosha Funga on 21 Feb 2019
National Democratic Congress Secretary General Mwenya Musenge has announced that the party has fired its political consultant Chishimba Kambwili for allegedly denting the name of the party.
Musenge told UNZA Radio, Thursday, that Kambwili was making the party look like it was full of jokers, racists and that it condoned xenophobia.
“For those that feel they want to work with Kambwili, they are free to do that but not under the name of NDC. NDC has its own leadership and its own members.NDC is bigger than an individual, and we expect that all those who are members of NDC will respect the decision that has been communicated today. And I want to emphasize that we do not hate our dear brother Kambwili but we feel we need to have a figurehead, a president whom we can call president that this is our man but not a thing where today you are saying ‘I am being courted by NDC but I have not made a decision as to whether to accept or not. Not where I make a pronouncement to say 2021 we are fielding Chishimba Kambwili as our presidential candidate and he is responding that ‘ask Musenge, he is the one who has formed that party, I don’t know about those things’. You know, we have been getting ourselves embarrassed so this decision has just been taken to see how we can rectify this thing. Our relationship as brothers with Chishimba Kambwili still remains. We can share a light moment, we can drink tea together, but as a party, as NDC, we will have nothing (to do with him),” said Musenge.
“And I want to appeal to him also to respect the decision that we have taken as a party and that he cannot, from now onwards issue statements on behalf of NDC. That shall only be done by myself as secretary general of the party and the party spokesperson, Mr Moyo and the vice-president honorable Akafumba.”
Take a listen:
Last night, Kambwili dismissed the report as fake news when asked for a comment. He is yet to issue a fresh statement.
But well-placed sources within the NDC have told News Diggers that Musenge plans to defect to the ruling party.
More details later.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- We can give mine licenses to Zambians, but we also need foreign investors – Musukwa - 19 Aug 2019
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president - 14 Aug 2019
- Lungu meets Vedanta boss, insists liquidation will proceed - 14 Aug 2019
- Bill 10 illegal, ConCourt must act without fear – TIZ - 14 Aug 2019
- ECZ finally announces Nshindano as new CEO - 13 Aug 2019
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,164 views)
- Lungu is in gear 5 of 2021 campaigns (1,857 view)
- Mercury Security Services sues Lusaka lawyer over K2m fees (947 views)
- UPND reports GBM to police for 'tribal hatred' (900 views)
- Only a miracle can stop kwacha’s depreciation – Hamaundu (882 views)
- Lungu must urgently declare hunger crisis, insists HH
- We’re a hungry nation because we insist that maize is our staple food
- The corrupt are evil, we must not glorify those who steal from us – Musa
- We can give mine licenses to Zambians, but we also need foreign investors – Musukwa
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up – Nkombo
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Don’t tell us what to do, if you see hunger, just donate, Lungu responds to British Envoy
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend