by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Opposition alliance leaders have malnourished paediatric brains – MumbiBy Mukosha Funga on 22 Feb 2019
PF deputy Secretary General Mumbi Phiri says UPND president Hakainde Hichilema and his fellow opposition alliance leaders are behaving like malnourished paediatric children whose brains cannot function.
Phiri was responding to the claim by the opposition alliance that President Edgar Lungu and his State House aids were running a militia in the country which was responsible for terrorising citizens.
The opposition alliance also claimed that State House police attempted to assassinate Hichilema in Sesheke, but the ruling party deputy CEO has rubbished both claims
“For me, I find it difficult to respond to grey haired men who are behaving like paediatric children. It is very disappointing, and if you saw the people who were on the panel, it is men only, did you see a woman? If anything, we saw Nalumango, Whitney Nalumango, their flower girl seated in the back seat. You can’t have adults who are not thinking properly. Now some of them have even abandoned their political parties to come and join a political party which has been singing about taking the government to The Hague from 2016 up to date. When are they going to do that? I heard them, even mentioning innocent people. You can see the pettiness in these paediatric brains of these old men with small brains. It is very unfortunate,” Phiri charged.
Asked to explain what kind of training the PF was subjecting it’s youths to, Phiri said the ruling party had no militia.
“We don’t, that’s why I am calling them paediatrics. And you know, when you have paediatric children, those who are healthy, it is even okay but these men are behaving like those paediatric children who have suffered malnutrition. If a child suffers malnutrition, even their capacity of thinking is reduced. Which militia are they talking about? There is no militia. And those claims that State House police tried to assassinate HH; Imwe! Can you play with the government if they want to kill you? Who is HH? If the state wanted to do that, can you fight with government? He should thank God that we have a leadership, both in the PF and in the executive who are God fearing and they respect human life,” she said.
“I am on record, and I even advised our members that stop talking about Mr Hakainde Hichilema because he is our easy target to defeat. Come 2021, he will lose pants down. Mark my words. Because he is a finished politician, in fact, he is not a politician, he is a technocrat. So how can we be scared of him? Somebody who doesn’t add value to politics. Look at even his facial expression, does a politician look like that?”
And Phiri said in petitioning the Sesheke parliamentary seat, the PF will rely on the declaration by the newly elected UPND member of parliament Romeo Kang’ombe, who said the elections were not free and fair because there was too much violence.
“We have said that we are petitioning that seat and that was valuable information which he gave us. We are going to present before the courts of law because even the candidate himself acknowledges it, so we are not lying that there was violence, intimidation. He has helped us because it is very difficult to prove witchcraft in the courts of law but it is coming from the mouth of the candidate himself. He is also equally shocked that he won the election despite violence,” said Phiri.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom - 15 Oct 2019
- TIZ raises red flag against Govt, AVIC on Kafulafuta, Sata Toll Plazas - 8 Oct 2019
- Govt single-sourced AVIC…to construct the $4.3m Toll Plaza which broke down months later - 7 Oct 2019
- Kaoma police nab UPND cadre in shooting incident - 6 Oct 2019
- DEC withdraws summon on Findlay - 3 Oct 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,844 views)
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,401 views)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,813 view)
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption - Kambwili (1,808 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,613 view)
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend