by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 20 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Mutati’s MMD awakens structures ahead of 2020 conventionBy Kanchele Kanche on 23 Apr 2019
Felix Mutati’s Movement for Multiparty Democracy (MMD) chairperson for elections Gaston Sichilima says his party will in the coming weeks commence elections for party structures across the country in readiness for the convention expected to be held next year.
In a statement issued to the media, Sichilima stated that Mutati’s MMD faction would hold elections in structures starting from branch level all the way up to the provincial level.
He explained that the process would culminate into a National Convention, which would be held anytime next year.
“I want to put it on record that time has come, as we have been mobilising the branches and our members in general throughout the country, I want to announce that all structures need to be ready for elections from the bottom: you are talking about the branch; you are talking about the constituencies; you are talking about the wards and we go to the provincial,” Sichilima stated.
“These elections are to enable us to be ready for the convention, which is going to come in any time in 2020. This is meant to ensure that all structures have got officials at any level. These elections are from bottom to top because when we talk about the convention, we are talking about who to choose in the top leadership.”
And Sichilima stated that the party remained intact under Mutati’s leadership.
He insisted that there were no factions in the party apart from the ongoing wrangles with the other faction party president Nevers Mumba.
“I want also to appeal to MMD members and the general public that MMD has no factions, it is just one MMD and currently, we all know that the president is Felix Mutati who was elected at the last convention. I am appealing to all members to be ready for these elections; it is coming from the bottom to the top. I also want to say that let’s not go into confusing the membership, if you are not ready for these elections, pave way for those who can come and provide leadership in MMD,” stated Sichilima.Related Items
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (11,332 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,884 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,410 view)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,023 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (915 views)
- It’s against separation of powers for Parley to supervise executive – PF
- Continued abuse of Zesco will sustain Zambia’s power deficit – PAC
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo
- 7 Lumwana expatriates were lawfully fired, company tells court
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend