- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Nevers is a twit – NakacindaBy Ulande Nkomesha on 16 Feb 2020
Nominated member of parliament Raphael Nakacinda says MMD president Nevers Mumba is a twit and a shameless leader who’s just jealous of his relationship with President Edgar Lungu.
On Monday, Mumba charged that Nakacinda is a criminal and that President Lungu was aiding his lawlessness by introducing him as MMD national secretary against a High Court ruling.
But in an interview, Nakacinda said Mumba was exposing his hatred and envy.
“About his allegation talking about me that I am a criminal, Dr Mumba, I think he is behaving like a twit. Whatever Dr Mumba was saying, he was just exposing his hatred and envy which is very unfortunate. He was just expressing jealousy and hatred, I think that he wishes he was the one in Chilubi and so on. We will not be distracted by anybody. All I am saying is that he is just a twit, a person who presents himself differently in public when in actual fact, he is a totally different human being behind the curtains. So I think Mumba is being overzealous and I know he is attempting to see whether he can come and work with the PF but all those things must be done properly,” Nakacinda said.
“There must decency in politics, you can’t just be shifting from place to place and especially a person who claims to be wanting to advance integrity and morality. What morality is there for Mumba pushing MPs that he never adopted and never campaigned for? Pushing for them to start paying for not only allegiance but start contributing finances to him? What kind of a leader is that? Sometimes we should be ashamed. If he really wants to push the interest of the MMD, his altitude could have been different. Not what he is exhibiting. There are certain things I have decided to go with to the grave within my heart because I was privileged to work with him I know him in and out. ”
He denied defying any court order and expressed confidence that his appeal would succeed.
“On the basis that, we have appealed and that appeal will go in our favor. We are very confident that it will go in our favor because we find the judgment of 5th November to be wanting in many areas. First of all, we do not agree with the judgment of the 5th of November and that is how come we have appealed. He was talking about be defying a judgment, there is nowhere we have defied the judgment of the 5th November. Nobody has stopped Nevers Mumba from calling himself MMD president; nobody has stopped him from operating, he has just failed on his own. For your own information, the secretariat which they have closed, we had left having paid rentals there for months, we never stopped them from operating there,” he said.
“If we were to defy that judgment, we would have stopped Mumba from ever having a meeting and calling himself MMD president but that has not happened. The only thing we have done is that we have appealed the case we don’t agree with the judgment and we have the right to disagree and the court itself granted us the leave to appeal and on the basis of that appeal. We have a duty to brief our members who are extremely dismayed by the fact that the courts would grant a person with no legitimacy to call himself leader of the MMD.”
Nakacinda also denied of being in possession of MMD vehicles.
“He is saying that I have stolen MMD vehicles. MMD vehicles are in the hands of party officials and they have thirst to get those vehicles, obviously with the intention of wanting to sell them. The members across the country have said ‘we need a proper hand over and who are we going to handover these vehicles to?’, because at the secretariat, they refused to have a proper handover; they went, broke into the offices and attempted to start operating without any handover note and then after two weeks they are saying ‘can you come and handover’,” said Nakacinda.
“If at all there was any criminal activities on party vehicles, then it means that collectively, all of us who were in leadership, including honourable (Felix) Mutati, and everyone else could have been involved in that criminal activity; but there is no such thing and those vehicles he is fighting for. He is not even the one who bought them; those vehicles were bought under the leadership of president Rupiah Banda and remember that they were seized in courts because of the court matters that were running.”
About Ulande Nkomesha
Ulande is a reporter with an experience in radio broadcasting. He loves following current affairs and interacting with politicians.
Email: ulande [at] diggers [dot] news
- Habitat urges govt to improve living conditions in unplanned settlements - 7 Apr 2020
- Free-falling kwacha suffocating businesses – Muhanya Solar - 6 Apr 2020
- We won’t reduce load shedding despite COVID-19 – Zesco - 3 Apr 2020
- Milupi wonders how govt will pay newly recruited nurses, doctors with depleted treasury - 3 Apr 2020
- DEC nabs 2 E/Province businessmen for money laundering - 3 Apr 2020
- It’s inhuman for Chanda to undermine HH’s donation of soap, sanitisers – UPND (3,326 views)
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects? (2,807 views)
- UPND blames Nangula loss on COVID-19 (2,682 views)
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya (2,657 views)
- Kampyongo's mockery of people on ARVs unacceptable - NAC (2,275 views)
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us?
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects?
- We’re already on lockdown – Lungu
- Introduce SI to stop landlords from collecting rentals, Changala urges govt
- Why whip patrons if there's no lockdown?
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «April 2020»
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- It’s illegal for police to whip citizens – Mweetwa
- UNZA owes ZRA, others K2.8bn, as audit reveals mismanagement of funds
- PF’s Nangula victory a 2021 sample – Mundubile
- Tutwa refutes UPND’s Bill 10 bribery claims
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya
- Govt, FRA’s deal with millers failed to cut mealie meal prices – IAPRI
- Habitat urges govt to improve living conditions in unplanned settlements
- SACCORD hails PF, UPND for peaceful Nangula poll
- ZRA’s tax audit on media houses within its mandate but wrongly timed – MISA
- Kamusoko, Mangani on path to recovery
- Govt must carry out robust awareness campaign against COVID-19 – CSPR
- Siwale welcomes FIFA’s intervention in FAZ wrangles
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
[search_popup]Send this to a friend