THE Nc’wala Organising Committee says the ceremony will be held “cholera or no cholera”, arguing that as Ngonis, they don’t fear sickness. The Committee, however, says it will consult health authorities on how the ceremony can be successfully held amidst the cholera outbreak. On Thursday, Health Minister Sylvia Masebo revealed that Chipata District of Eastern Province had four confirmed cholera cases but no deaths were recorded so far. In an interview, Nc’wala Organising Committee Chairperson Betsy Nkhoma said the ceremony was held even in the midst of COVID-19 but those that fell sick got healed. “The Nc’wala is the biggest ceremony in this country. So cholera or no cholera, us we are Ngonis. If anyone is scared they should not…...

To continue reading this premium content, login to your account or Subscribe to our ePaper using the buttons below.
Log In Subscribe