- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2017by Osward Sichone in Kafue on 20 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 17 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 1 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Mumba found with case to answer in trespass caseBy Elias Banda on 11 Jan 2017
MMD leader Nevers Mumba has been put on his defence in a matter in which he is alleged to have unlawfully entered the ZNBC newsroom.
When the matter came up for ruling today, Lusaka magistrate David Simusamba said the state had established a prema facie case.
“It is clear from the first two witnesses who gave evidence to this court that false information was given and there was unlawful entry into ZNBC. A prema facie case has been established on both counts and I accordingly place the accused on his defence,” said magistrate Simusamba adding that if intent to annoy and to intimidate was proven, an accused person was guilty of a misdemeanor.
Mumba’s lawyer, Mutule Museba; who stood in for Robert Simeza, said Mumba would call five witnesses in his defence before applying for an adjournment.
The matter was adjourned to February 14 for opening of defence.
In this matter, Mumba is alleged to have lied to police officers at ZNBC’s entrance that he had an appointment with the news editor when in fact not.
Mumba denied both charges and eight prosecution witnesses testified in the matter.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend