- by Joseph Mwenda on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
Mumba found with case to answer in trespass caseBy Elias Banda on 11 Jan 2017
MMD leader Nevers Mumba has been put on his defence in a matter in which he is alleged to have unlawfully entered the ZNBC newsroom.
When the matter came up for ruling today, Lusaka magistrate David Simusamba said the state had established a prema facie case.
“It is clear from the first two witnesses who gave evidence to this court that false information was given and there was unlawful entry into ZNBC. A prema facie case has been established on both counts and I accordingly place the accused on his defence,” said magistrate Simusamba adding that if intent to annoy and to intimidate was proven, an accused person was guilty of a misdemeanor.
Mumba’s lawyer, Mutule Museba; who stood in for Robert Simeza, said Mumba would call five witnesses in his defence before applying for an adjournment.
The matter was adjourned to February 14 for opening of defence.
In this matter, Mumba is alleged to have lied to police officers at ZNBC’s entrance that he had an appointment with the news editor when in fact not.
Mumba denied both charges and eight prosecution witnesses testified in the matter.Related Items
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend