by Julia Malunga on 16 Oct 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 16 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 16 Oct 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Oct 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Mumba found with case to answer in trespass caseBy Elias Banda on 11 Jan 2017
MMD leader Nevers Mumba has been put on his defence in a matter in which he is alleged to have unlawfully entered the ZNBC newsroom.
When the matter came up for ruling today, Lusaka magistrate David Simusamba said the state had established a prema facie case.
“It is clear from the first two witnesses who gave evidence to this court that false information was given and there was unlawful entry into ZNBC. A prema facie case has been established on both counts and I accordingly place the accused on his defence,” said magistrate Simusamba adding that if intent to annoy and to intimidate was proven, an accused person was guilty of a misdemeanor.
Mumba’s lawyer, Mutule Museba; who stood in for Robert Simeza, said Mumba would call five witnesses in his defence before applying for an adjournment.
The matter was adjourned to February 14 for opening of defence.
In this matter, Mumba is alleged to have lied to police officers at ZNBC’s entrance that he had an appointment with the news editor when in fact not.
Mumba denied both charges and eight prosecution witnesses testified in the matter.Related Items
- Murder trial for Benny Zulu starts (4,123 views)
- 2 burn to death in Luanshya road accident (3,512 views)
- AVIC, RDA toll plaza deal was a rip off, evidence is coming (2,374 views)
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba's legitimacy in court (2,248 views)
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,062 views)
- I’m Lungu’s strongman, that’s why enemies target me with corruption tag – Chitotela
- 2 burn to death in Luanshya road accident
- We’re ready to meet UPND in court over its gay rights agenda – Sunday
- Lungu’s failure to protect Sesheke cops worsening violence – Andyford
- Former ministers must do the right thing, pay back – Sumaili
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Murder trial for Benny Zulu starts
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend