by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Aug 2017
by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2017
by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Editor on 19 Aug 2017by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2017
by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017
- Guest Diggers
by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Court adjourns Sumaili’s contempt caseBy Mukosha Funga on 12 Jul 2017
Hakainde Hichilema’s contempt case against Religious Affairs Minister Godfridah Sumaili has been adjourned to July 26, 2017.
The case could not take off today as lawyers for both accused and the complainants are attending the Constitutional Court session in Kabwe.
One of Hichilema’s lawyers, Zevyanji Sinkala, told magistrate Ireen Wishimanga that State Counsel Erick Silwamba and Jack Mwiimbu had mutually agreed that the matter be adjourned to the most convenient date.
Sinkala said the accused was equally notified not to come to court.
Magistrate Ireen Wishimanga then adjourned the matter to July 26, 2017.
The state was being represented by senior state advocate Chimbeka Sakala.
This is in a matter in which Hichilema wants the court to cite Sumaili for contempt of court over her remarks that “HH pushed Lungu to the wall by not recognising his presidency”.
Hichilema says such remarks are prejudicial to his treason case.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Court acquits man accused of calling Lungu ‘chik*la’ - 23 Aug 2017
- Mopani only customer refusing to pay revised tariffs – CEC - 23 Aug 2017
- Mopani announces planned retrenchment of 4,700 workers: We are left with no option - 22 Aug 2017
- PF wants Kambwili’s expulsion case dismissed - 22 Aug 2017
- PF warns Mopani against sending miners on forced leave: Don’t take Zambians for granted - 22 Aug 2017
- Lungu would have pardoned HH if court convicted him, says Kampamba Mulenga
- Tujilijili drinking competition leaves winner dead
- Mopani announces planned retrenchment of 4,700 workers: We are left with no option
- Shaka Ssali in to discuss democracy in Zambia
- PF losing numbers since 2011, while UPND is gaining - Max
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend