- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
I found a gun hidden in Mukata’s car – WitnessBy Diggers Reporter on 14 Sep 2017
A detective inspector has told the Lusaka High Court that he discovered a fire arm hidden underneath some plates in Chilanga UPND member of parliament Keith Mukata’s car.
In this case, Mukata and his co accused Charmaine Musonda are accused of murdering a security guard Namakabwa Kwenda who was manning Mukata’s law firm AKM legal practitioners.
Marvin Chilufya testified that when he reached the crime scene, he found Kwenda lying unconscious at the gate of AKM Legal Practitioners.
Chilufya said when he walked towards the offices, he noticed an empty cartridge on the ground near a BMW that was parked 18 metres away from the deceased.
Chilufya told the court that upon discovering an empty cartridge on the ground he attempted to open the car but it was locked.
He said when he asked for the keys to the BMW, Mukata instead gave him keys for a Land Cruiser that was parked within the premises.
He said he followed some foot prints which he noticed on a pathway and they led him behind the offices where he discovered car keys in a flowerbed.
The detective inspector narrated that he used the keys to open Mukata’s car and discovered a basket that contained plates and a fire arm hidden underneath.
Chilufya further narrates that among the items that were found in the car was a magazine with five rounds of ammunition and a hand bag that contained passports belonging to Mukata and his lover Charmaine.
Earlier, Vincent Chibesa, a ballistic officer told justice Susan Wanjelani that the distance between Kwenda and his shooter was approximately twenty metres.
Chibesa said according to his findings, Kwenda and shooter faced each other during the incident.
Chibesa insisted that the perforation on the gate and Kwenda’s body had similar characteristics.
He said the diameter of the perforation on the gate and Kwenda’s wound were caused by a fire of the same calibre 0.4 centimetres.
When the case was stood down for 20 minutes, the murder suspects interacted with his ex wife Getrude.
Trial continues on September 18.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Mwitwa gives Tutwa 24 hours to apologize - 17 Aug 2019
- UPND urges Nshindano to “clean up mess at ECZ” - 15 Aug 2019
- By-elections unnecessary drain on Treasury – Mutati - 13 Aug 2019
- 1,500 people in Mpulungu to receive free meat packages as Muslims celebrate Eid - 12 Aug 2019
- UPND vows to block Constitution Amendment Bill - 6 Aug 2019
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,569 view)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (1,423 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,090 view)
- If some UPND MPs want to support Bill 10, they must reflect, think about the people - Mwiimbu (925 views)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (909 views)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend