- by Mirriam Chabala on 27 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 27 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 27 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 27 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Tenson Mkhala on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
Parallel parkingBy Joseph Mwenda on 10 Nov 2016
ALL I want to hear right now is, ‘what is Zindaba Soko doing about the parking challenges that our diplomats are facing?
You must be ashamed Mr Zindaba that you and your RTSA do not conduct special parking lessons for the diplomats we send to serve in left-hand-drive countries.
It’s your fault that our secretary of communication at the United Nations, Langford Banda whom I personally know to be a very hardworking citizen, was recalled for merely trying to park on top of the NYPD van in a congested city like New York.
You may laugh at him today because the propaganda story you heard was that he rammed into a police car, but it was a simple left-hand-side parallel parking problem; which is nothing unusual.
Take Anthony Mukwita for example; are you telling me that attempting to park his Benz in the branch manager’s office at Southern Sun Barclays Bank last week was an indication of his bad driving skills? Hell no!
Brother Tonny has been driving for many many years, and not one day did we hear that he has bashed anybody along Longolongo Road, or Church Road, until now after you sent him to Sweden without left-hand-drive parking tips.
And it has nothing to do with too much beer drinking, because I have never heard before that a speeding Zambian diplomat in a left-hand-drive country has killed a pedestrian, apart from in Congo, but Congo doesn’t count because there are no laws in DR Congo.
If you have been to Congo Mr Zindaba I am sure you agree with me that in that country, the law is the heavily armed police officer in front of you, the penal code is his mouth and the judge is his pocket. Even a security guard can mount a roadblock in Congo.
If he sees that your wipers and indicators are working perfectly, he will then demand to see if the headlights are also faultless by flashing them one by one (kimo, kimo). How??
He can even ask to see your death certificate if you prove to be too smart… until at least you leave some reasonable dollars – and they hate their local currency, eish!
Anyway, back to the topic. So like I said, it’s always just the parking which is giving our diplomats a problem; because even if you tell me that brother Tonny had one too many for one night, how did he manage to drive all the way from the ‘watering hole’ to the hotel in the middle of a load-shedded moonless night? Unless you tell me that he had a hardcore navigator on the passenger seat…
Unless you tell me that he had a hardcore navigator on the passenger seat… Wink
That’s it foe todayRelated Items
- MMD helped us win, we can't be eating alone and keep them outside like dogs - PF
- Panic in Kabwata as shop catches fire
- Kambwili can kill Lungu – PF
- Corrections officer admits items seized from UPND cadres were not offensive weapons
- We don't need to parade ourselves to Hamukale to prove we are working - Nkombo
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend