- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2017by Osward Sichone in Kafue on 20 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 17 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 1 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Well wisher bails out ChishimbaBy Mirriam Chabala on 9 Mar 2017
United Progressive People president Dr Saviour Chishimba says after relocating to a new secretariat, he has a renewed vigor to fight corruption.
Last month, Dr Chishimba had a scuffle with his landlord, whom he accused of colluding with government agents to frustrate and evict him.
But in an interview, Dr Chishimba revealed that a well wisher was letting him use his house for free.
“The UPP Secretariat has now moved to Plot No 10, Reedbuck Road, Kabulonga. A well wisher has made the provision of a modern office suite, with a tennis court to us for free; he does not want us to pay anything, the place is for free until such a time that we will be able to get stable in future,” Dr Chishimba said.
He said he would continue to fearlessly fight against corruption and to offer checks and balances to the PF.
“Now that we have relocated to a place where we have a peace of mind, we are going to have a major, major news conference next week, the conference will be a reflection on the state of Zambia’s economy right now and also the coming of the IMF which still remains outstanding, we will also be looking at various counts of corruption taking place including the maize gate scandal we will go into a little bit more details now following the constant denial the government that there is no maize-gate scandal especially the strange clearance of Honorable Dora Siliya whose name was mentioned in the maize deal,” Dr Chishimba said.
In the past few months, Dr Chishimba has been very vocal about corruption in government and often features on various media platforms to discuss several government deals which he believes are shrouded by corruption.
However, he himself is currently being investigated by the Anti-Corruption Commission for allegedly misappropriating over K153,000 when he served as National Youth Development Council (NYDC) chairman and the ACC recorded a warn and caution statement from him last month.
But Dr Chishimba describes the allegations as politically motivated saying it will not sway him from his goal of exposing corruption.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend