- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
‘Thieves’ break into Saviour’s house againBy Mukosha Funga on 9 Apr 2017
United Progressive Party president Saviour Chishimba says thieves have broken into his house and stolen two laptops and some documents.
But Chishimba, who is a trending whistleblower in Zambia, says evidence against corruption at the Zambia Revenue Authority remains intact, adding that he will go into hiding to prevent state agents from killing him.
On October 22, 2016, thieves again broke into Chishimba’s house and went away with some computers.
He reported the matter to police and an inquiry was opened.
Narrating the latest ordeal, Chishimba said the “state agents” overtook his vehicle and attempted to shoot him along the Ring Road in Lilayi area as he was driving home.
“I was driving along the Ring Road when after Lilayi one of the two vehicles that were following me overtook my car. But after overtaking me, it reduced the speed and so I indicated and started to overtake it, but the car also changed the lane to stop me from overtaking,” Chishimba narrated.
“In my attempt to abort the overtaking, I tried to get back onto the lane when suddenly the Nissan Hardbody which was following behind increased the speed to block me. I applied the brakes, then I saw one of the men in suits in the Nissan Hardbody with a pistol which he held with both hands in a position of aiming to shoot”
He said another motorist who was approaching from behind disturbed the operatives who then sped-off, giving him an opportunity to divert.
“Thankfully, upon noticing another vehicle, which was seen coming from behind, the two vehicles sped off,” Chishimba narrated, adding that he later discovered that his house was broken into again.
He said he was an experienced politician and could not keep “incriminating evidence” against government institutions in his house or office.
“Fellow comrades in the fight for justice and members of the international community; I have had to go into hiding after escaping a dragnet of armed men in suits. I had received information earlier, but I ignored it,” Chishimba said.
“The people of Zambia are suffering because of corruption and God demands justice for all. Why can’t state resources be deployed to serve the people instead of pursuing an innocent citizen? Demanding K100 billion (US$10 billion) from a political party?”
He said the manner in which the thieves broke into his house left no doubt that they were after destroying the evidence he had.
“We have stated before that Zambia belongs to all Zambians and we must all live securely together in dignity, unity and peace. If it is the evidence you want to destroy, make no mistake, it is secure in a place you cannot enter. We were not born yesterday to keep critical documents in our houses or offices,” Chishimba said.
“The two laptops and a few documents that you stole, after an illegal entry into my house, are the very last ever!” I am now wiser and smarter.”
He called for prayers from justice-seeking Zambians.
“I urge you all to intensify prayer and fasting for me. God will surely strike all who seek the blood of the innocent. It is not a crime to demand for transparency and accountability from our leaders,” said Chishimba.
“One sure thing is that I shall not die, but live to declare the works of the LORD in Zambia and in as many nations as the Lord God of Heaven has given me. I am made for signs and wonders from the Lord!”
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Top Chingola cops implicated in gassing incidences - 19 Feb 2020
- Wina is lying, Zambia suffering because of theft in govt, not because of by-elections – Sangwa - 17 Feb 2020
- Legana factory is extremely clean, testifies Nawakwi - 12 Feb 2020
- Refusal to surrender power is treason – Musa - 12 Feb 2020
- Confusion rocks UNZA as management cuts ties with UNZALARU - 11 Feb 2020
- Please China, spare us from Coronavirus (6,996 views)
- An opposition party is causing confusion in the country - Kampyongo (4,808 views)
- Lungu ill advised, no wonder Kingsland injunction has embarrassed him – Harrington (4,192 views)
- Those lying about knowing gassing masterminds will be charged for causing alarm, warns IG (2,985 views)
- Disband Religion Ministry, Sumaili's actions border on lawlessness (2,639 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «February 2020»
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- We hope ACC has done its homework on Chilufya – TIZ
- IMF won’t bailout Zambia – Hamududu
- Govt still owes agro dealers K781m, Katambo tells Parley
- Close schools if govt can’t guarantee children’s safety, insists NAQEZ
- Opposition using people to bring confusion – Kampyongo
- Lusambo’s $100,000 loan offer to Kabushi teachers an insult, says UPND aspirant
- I love dealing with animals because they don’t talk – Luo
- Lungu ill advised, no wonder Kingsland injunction has embarrassed him – Harrington
- CTPD calls for practical measures for economic recovery
- An opposition party is causing confusion in the country – Kampyongo
- Stop social media abuse – Kafwaya
- Disband Religion Ministry, Sumaili’s actions border on lawlessness
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend