by Mukosha Funga on 17 Feb 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Feb 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Feb 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Feb 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 14 Feb 2018by Mazuba Muleya on 14 Feb 2018by Mazuba Muleya on 30 Jan 2018by Mazuba Muleya on 30 Jan 2018
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Feb 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Feb 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Feb 2018by Mukosha Funga on 12 Feb 2018
by Mirriam Chabala on 6 Feb 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Feb 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 1 Feb 2018by Diggers Reporter on 1 Feb 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Feb 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 6 Feb 2018by Joseph Mwenda on 5 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 3 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
by Chibamba Kanyama on 15 Feb 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 13 Feb 2018by Diggers Correspondent on 12 Feb 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 7 Feb 2018
Mwamba orders RTSA probe into Jitotwe accidentBy Mirriam Chabala on 24 Apr 2017
Zambia’s High Commissioner to South Africa Emmanuel Mwamba, has tasked the Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA) to investigate passenger complaints surrounding a Jitotwe Bus which claimed four lives in South Africa yesterday.
In a statement Embassy Press Secretary in South Africa Nicky Shabolyo, Mwamba said the survivors of the road mishap which happened along Louis Trichardt town in South Africa, claimed that the bus in question was not road worthy at the time of departure.
“Zambia’s High Commissioner to South Africa, His Excellency Mr. Emmanuel Mwamba has written to the Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA) to investigate passengers’ complaints regarding a road traffic accident involving a bus owned by Jitotwe Bus Services where three Zambians died in South Africa on Sunday. The three Zambians died on the spot while five others are in critical condition and have been admitted to medical facilities in Limpopo Province,” Shabolya stated.
“Mr. Mwamba has disclosed that passengers have complained to his office suspecting and alleging that the particular Jitotwe bus, was not road worthy at the time of departure. He also said that some passengers claimed that they bought tickets for InterCape Bus Services but were dispatched on the Jitotwe Bus. He said these complaints were serious and had therefore been forwarded to RTSA to examine and possibly investigate.”
Shabolya stated that Mwamba had engaged Jitotwe Bus Services management to facilitate the repatriation of the victims of the accident.
“Mr Mwamba said his office was discussing with Jitotwe Bus Services management regarding the repatriation of the bodies of the departed and he further disclosed that another bus has been sent to South Africa to dispatch the passengers that were discharged, to Zambia. He explained that the bus would today leave for Zambia carrying the 26 passengers and that other passengers earlier found their way home,” Shabolya stated.
He stated that Mwamba said the deceased had already been identified and that out of the four who died, one was a Congolese National while the other three were Zambians.
“Those who died have been identified as Memory Kainga and her daughter, Taonga Mwale. Angel Kunda, the conductor (host) of the bus. Out of the four people who died, three were Zambians and one has been identified as a Congolese national,” stated Shabolya.
Shabolya stated that Mwamba also expressed gratitude to the Anglican Church in Trichardt, that sheltered the accident victims after they were discharged.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Buying from vendors punishable by law – Malupenga - 16 Feb 2018
- I would rather stand alone than with unfaithful soldiers like Antonio – Nawakwi - 15 Feb 2018
- We can stand alone and challenge PF – Mutati’s MMD - 14 Feb 2018
- UNZA may not reopen this month – Registrar - 14 Feb 2018
- Justifying President’s gaffe won’t help PF – Dickson Jere - 13 Feb 2018
- President Kabila was unharmed in Lusaka motorcade accident – Police
- Electoral ‘Commotion’ of Zambia has woken up
- We won’t go to the end of the earth to secure IMF bailout – Amos
- Govt had no money for CDF in 2014, 2015, 2016 – Malupenga
- There’s a fight among govt officials on C/Belt, PS tells parley committee
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend