- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
If removing Kasonde fails, things will get personal, warns KBFBy Mirriam Chabala on 29 Apr 2017
PF Lawyer Kelvin Bwalya Fube says if the motion to impeach LAZ President Linda Kasonde fails today, lawyers should expect fireworks from Parliament, as things will get personal.
Speaking when he featured on Pan African Radio yesterday afternoon, KBF said he would have nothing to lose if lawyers decide to vote against the impeachment motion.
“Like I said, I am here because hey! Hush-tag ‘LAZ matters to me’. I am concerned about LAZ because I can see and sometimes, people want to kill the messenger. This is just a message I a bringing because I am just a messenger, why? Because I am in a privileged position with to speak to the MPs that are moving this [Law Societies Bill] motion and they are saying put your house in order it’s not personal even to them, but it will get personal if this LAZ motion fails, it will be because for them, they want to show that they are the ones that are in touch with the people,” KBF said.
“Once the motion fails and the politicians come back into parliament, prepare for fireworks. Because you can’t even injunct, them that’s why they are there – to make he laws and if they pass that Societies Bill, we are done. Prepare for a fragmented LAZ, today we are talking like this but tomorrow, I don’t know which association I will belong to if this motion fails. I really don’t know because you can’t stop these politicians and they have given you an option.”
He said LAZ represented a smaller number of interested people compared to politicians.
“And let me just stress that LAZ has really no constituency, the lawyers constituency is the 1,000 members, that’s the constituency of the LAZ executive. Those are the people that vote them into power. The politicians on the other hand will argue that they represent a greater constituency because they represent the people and if the people that voted them into power are telling them that the association is attacking them or insulting the President, then those have the mandate to go into their caucuses to ask whether or not the association should be dealt with,” KBF said.
And KBF said he will still be proud of himself even if the impeachment motion fails.
“We are working extremely hard to ensure that the motion is moved and that it carries the day. However, if the motion fails, what is there to lose? For me it’s not a matter of life and death, no. For me it’s a question of ‘have I done my best in the circumstances as a member of LAZ?’ I will be proud of myself to say yes I have, I brought this to the fall, I have my points and as far as I am concerned that’s where I will leave it and I will go back to my practice and keep quiet,” Bwalya said.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- World Bank approves $26.5m loan for REA - 20 Nov 2017
- Ministry of Health nods nullification of GNC exams - 20 Nov 2017
- Mismanagement of national resources exacerbating inequality – Oxfam - 20 Nov 2017
- All dictators eventually go – Milupi - 19 Nov 2017
- We would like to see action on Auditor General’s report – Swedish Envoy - 18 Nov 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend