- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Those eyeing the PF presidency are wasting time – LunguBy Mukosha Funga on 30 Apr 2017
President Edgar Lungu says people who think they can jump the gun and takeover the ruling party leadership without being loyal to him, are wasting their time.
Speaking at the Meet the President Dinner last night, President Lungu asked those who had presidential ambitions to first show their loyalty to him.
“To my fellow cadres, comrades, I call upon you to remain loyalists to the party. Honorable [Stephen] Kampyongo has remained faithfully loyal and he is now Minister of Home Affairs. I can give myself as an example, it pays to be loyal otherwise I wouldn’t be president today. So those of you who think you can jump the gun and think you can be president before your time comes, you are wasting your time,” President Lungu said.
“The Bible teaches us in Ecclesiastes 3 that there is a season for everything, a time to laugh and a time to cry, a time to serve and a time to lead. If you can’t make a good follower, then you can’t make a good leader. I was a good follower to Mr Sata and here I am, I am a good leader. So if you want to be a leader, follow me. This is about discipline. If you cannot accept to be led, then don’t look forward to leading others.”
He also insisted that the party must welcome new members in order to grow.
“Let me take this opportunity to warn those who don’t want to welcome new comers to the PF and say ‘this is our party, we are founder members’ what founder members? If there were things like that, we wouldn’t be here today. As a Christian I can give testimony that Jesus had 12 disciples, they had no phones, no newspapers, no radio and no TV but because they went and convinced people to join them, the universal church of Christ is global. If we want to grow as a party, let us welcome new members. Even those who are against us, as long as you convince them and they subscribe to our beliefs. ‘It’s my party, it’s my party’, it’s not your party, it is our party,” President Lungu said.
He asked PF youths to remain calm when provoked by members of the opposition, so as to allow Home Affairs minister and the police to arrest them.
“The PF is in power today because of your sacrifices. I ask you to continue planting those seeds of hope, discipline and hard work. We are all aware of the provocation that we currently face as a party. Please, do not interject. Let honorable Kampyongo and his men and women in uniform do the arrests. It should not be up to anyone of us to take it upon ourselves, invoking citizens arrests because we may get in trouble. The policemen are sufficient in this country so let them arrest those who are hooligans,” President Lungu said.
“Let me especially address you the youth, please do not fall prey to provocation, you have a very critical role to play in this country’s development of promoting unity including preaching love and peace. I urge you to avoid violent acts but think progressively by putting forward innovative ideas which will proclaim our national agenda.”
He also said he would speak less and focus on implementing the PF’s policies until the 2021 elections.
“I vowed not to speak too much until 2021 when we begin pointing at what we are doing…so I am going to speak increasingly less and less these days so that I can save my energy to implement our plans. So let me conclude by thanking all the sponsors for making this event a success, let me also thank all of you for coming here to be with us and I wish to assure you that PF is an accountable and responsible party and your support will go a long way in advancing our agenda for a better Zambia,” said President Lungu.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- DPP enters nolle in IG case against Tayali - 18 Aug 2017
- ZANASU drags Luo to court over threats to ban students unions - 17 Aug 2017
- Minister explains mandatory HIV testing policy - 17 Aug 2017
- HH’s release first step towards restoring democracy in Zambia – Maimane - 17 Aug 2017
- Freeing HH proves Judiciary is independent – PF - 16 Aug 2017
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend