- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 22 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
PF goes for Mukuni: He’s not a chief but HH’s business partner – MumbiBy Mirriam Chabala on 13 May 2017
Patriotic Front Deputy secretary general Mumbi Phiri says Chief Mukuni of Southern Province is Hakainde Hichilema’s business partner and not a traditional leader.
And Mumbi has described HH, who has been in detention for over a month, as a puppet of Western countries who is soliciting for sanctions against his own country.
Mumbi was speaking at a media briefing this morning to respond to the Zambia Center for Inter party Dialogue (ZCID)’s call for dialogue between President Edgar Lungu and HH.
“The Zambia Center for Inter-party Dialogue yesterday held a press briefing at which they reveled that they had written to the President to call for dialogue, peace and reconciliation in the nation. They also stated that they had written to the Prison authorities for permission to go and engage HH on dialogue. Let me correct something here, if there is a person who needs dialogue and reconciliation with himself, it is Hakainde Hichilema. He needs to be at peace with himself and at peace with the world. ZCID, we are calling on you to help him come to terms with reality,” Mumbi said.
“While it is not within their mandate per se, ZCID should also counsel their Royal Highnesses like…in fact he is not even Royal Highness, he is Chief Mukuni. He is more of HH’s business partner and UPND member than he is an impartial traditional leader who must see all of us as Zambians. Even Mumbi Phiri even if she is from Muchinga, I should be looked at by Chief Mukuni as his own child but what we have seen is that even his wife is in the forefront even raising a symbol of UPND. At lest where I come from, Chief Chitimukulu’s wife can not do that and where I am married, Chief Gawa Undi and Mpezeni can not do that, so it’s unfortunate that Chief Mukuni is coming into the political arena,” she said.
Mumbi said Mukuni’s behaviour justified the reason for not conferring him with the status of Paramount Chief.
“No wonder if you look at how many Paramount chiefs we have in Zambia, we have Paramount Chief Gwa Undi, we have Paramount Chief Mpezeni, we have Paramount Chief Chitimukulu and the Litunga of Western Province. If you go through the history, you are going to realise that these people were bestowed by the title of Paramount Chiefs because the colonialist recognised that they were very organised. Now I am wondering, is this why even our colonialists didn’t recongnise Mukuni? He is not even a senior Chief, I think he is just a Sub-Chief. Did the colonialists foresee that his behaviour will be like this? This is a question to him. I therefore urge ZCID to also speak to the Chief,” she said.
Mumbi accused HH of being a “Puppet of the West” who would do anything just to become President.
“HH would rather punish Zambians with hunger just to become a President and it is by God’s providence that he is not a
President. HH is a puppet of the West and mark this puppet of the West’ in the style of Zimababwe’s Morgan Tsvangirai who was globe trotting calling for sanctions against his own country and this is what we have seen UPND doing. We know that those who funded him heavily needed their value for money but sadly for them they funded a losing, miserable candidate,” said Mumbi.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- ZICTA confiscates transmitter for a Choma community radio station - 19 Oct 2017
- ERB too quick at hiking prices, slow on reducing – CUTS - 18 Oct 2017
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba - 18 Oct 2017
- Promise to stop stealing before inviting us for prayers, HH tells PF - 18 Oct 2017
- Mwila reserves party position on calls for Mulusa’s dismissal - 17 Oct 2017
You may also like...
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend