- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Aug 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
GBM evades police at courtBy Joseph Mwenda on 8 Jun 2017
Alert UPND cadres this morning whisked GBM away from the Lusaka Magistrate Court after hearing that police were making plans to arrest him.
After the Hakainde Hichilema treason case was referred to the High Court for trial, GBM and other political party leaders went outside the courtroom to chat.
Journalists then started taking pictures of the UPND vice-president while others prepared to interview him.
However, when some police officers who were inside the courtroom started asking where GBM was, UPND cadres rushed outside and literally dragged the former defence minister away.
The cadres caused commotion as they cleared the way for GBM at the Magistrates’ Court. They then got him on to Nevers Mumba’s vehicle and sped off.
Earlier, GBM said he did not flee the country.
“Where are Richard Sakala’s journalists who were saying I ran away? How can I run away from my beautiful country? you think I can leave my wife and my party?” asked Mwamba when he made a dramatic entry into the courtroom.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- U-20 coach joins senior Chipolopolo bench - 23 Aug 2017
- We’ll keep your HIV results secret, Medical Association assures citizens - 23 Aug 2017
- Coach promotes Fashion Sakala, 6 other U-20 stars to senior team - 22 Aug 2017
- Tujilijili drinking competition leaves winner dead - 22 Aug 2017
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets - 20 Aug 2017
- Lungu would have pardoned HH if court convicted him, says Kampamba Mulenga
- Mopani announces planned retrenchment of 4,700 workers: We are left with no option
- Tujilijili drinking competition leaves winner dead
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Former Chipata mayor commits suicide
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend