- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Kambwili shames corrupt PF minister, but fails to name himBy Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jun 2017
Roan member of parliament has shamed a PF minister whom he claims is on the payroll of corrupt contractors, but the former government spokesperson has withheld the name of the official he is accusing.
In his posting on Facebook, Kambwili accused the said minister of being jealous of him, following an incident where some women apparently cheered him outside Pick n Pay, an episode which Kambwili’s foe believed was sponsored.
“A certain minister alleged that I paid women to cheer for me and hail my name outside pick and pay. What this Minister should know is that I have worked hard in my constituency and in my town as a whole, I am a people person and that is the reason why I am loved by the common person. I cannot stoop so low to pay people to cheer my name because that would be deceiving myself, I have earned the right to be celebrated in my constituency because of my sincere dedication to serving the masses. As a politician if you are not celebrated in your own back yard then you are as good as dead, but then again why should people cheering me become a problem to a certain minister. The fact is I speak for the poor and it means that they are more inclined to cheer me on because I am their voice,” Kambwili bragged.
He alleged that the minister in question has been engaging in corruption.
“Now let me warn this minister, whilst he is asking contractors to contribute money towards his bill for hiring choppers to go to his constituency, buying property worth K2.5m cash, asking contractors to prepare money whilst he is in town or wherever he goes, buying a brand new Mercedes Benz within 1 week of being appointed Minister, getting 5 per cent of all contracts awarded in his ministr… this Minister must also concentrate on cleaning the prisons because whilst you enjoy corruption money, you must clean your destination which is jail,” posted Kambwili.
“Ukusabaila tekusuma. Just work hard and make a name, don’t be jealous of others it doesn’t take you anywhere, get off your high horse. By the way 2021 presidency is not my preoccupation at the moment, and in actual fact it is such people who are going around using taxpayers money to campaign whilst trying to paint others black. Just make your money because you will need it in prison.”
With the allegation, Kambwili has forced his Facebook friends and followers to guess whom he is referring to by commenting on the post.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Tendai Biti regrets fall of Zambia’s democracy - 16 Aug 2017
- They raided my son’s office, not mine – Mulongoti - 15 Aug 2017
- Lungu’s oil exploration launch in legal tumble - 13 Aug 2017
- State to free HH tomorrow, reports Reuters - 13 Aug 2017
- Political Parties Bill not democratic – Antonio - 11 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend